A grey backpack

CHAPTER 2

It was a boy.

I was so invested in my group chat I failed to realize he was waiting in the pick-up line a few feet from me.

He was tall, I'd say about 6'3 or so, wavy dark brown hair almost covering his light eyes,  he stood with some sort of alluring confidence. He wore a plain white T-shirt that laid loosely on his body, he had a very slim build,  baggy black cargo pants covering his bottom half.  He was obviously irritated, his eyebrows furrowed, his hands dancing violently  throughout the air trying to get his point across.  I wanted to see, see what the screaming was about, so I paused my music and tuned in.

"I told you asshats I DIDN'T want pepperoni. SO WHY DOES IT SAY EXTRA PEPPERONI ON MY RECEIPT!!!"  he complained

I couldn't help but laugh, I thought something was seriously wrong.

He heard me.

He took a few steps in my direction holding the pizza in his right hand.

He was closer to me, I was able to see the little nose ring on the right side of his nose. He had rings on every other finger, and his glare could pierce through glass.  Although his eyes appeared angry, something about them seemed strangely sad.

"What are you laughing at headphones" he hissed as he swiped one earbud from my ear, making it hang from the neckline of my hoodie.

"All that fuss for extra pepperoni? You look like you could use the extra calories" I teased back

"Oh yeah? And what makes you say that" the boy said with a devious smirk on his face

Before I was able to make some dumb comeback my stomach gurgled..

                                                How embarrassing! I thought to myself

The boy chuckled

"Looks like YOU could use the extra pepperoni yourself." he mocked as he shoved the pizza slice near my stomach and walked away. His hands shoved into his pockets, his ripped grey backpack hung low on his back, it was covered in pins and lots of keychains, there were a few impressive drawings and lettering on it as well. Not to mention the not-so-family-friendly words near the bottom of the bag.

"Weirdo " I said to myself.

I decided it was time to go back to the table that my parents were seated at before they started to worry. I didn't have to pay for lunch anymore I thought to myself as I looked down at the pizza.

"Stella! What took you so long" my little brother complained.
"There was a mix up with the orders" I said before stuffing my face with my new free food.
"Just like always! One pizza slice with extra pep!" My dad teased me.
"Since you were a little girl you've always ordered the same thing." my mom added on.
"Maybe you should try something new next time Stella"
"Maybe" I said before devouring the rest of my pizza
"Or maybe not," my brother teased.

                                                                             <3
It was almost time for departure, so my family and I began to head to our gate. The airport smelled fresh, the floors were so clean, and the lights were so bright, windows covered the airport,

It was lovely.

With every passing gift shop I made sure to look inside, admiring all the tacky, shiney and overpriced items neatly placed on the shelfs. It made me giggle.

As we made our way down the airport we finally found our flight.

"OH! Mom, look! Flight 16 that's us!" my brother cheered.

We were early, so we decided to make ourselves comfortable in the waiting area.

"Anyone need to use the bathroom?" my mom questioned.

"Actually yes." my dad replied.

"I'LL GO WITH DAD!" my brother added on.

"What about you Stella?" my mom questioned

"I'm fine, I don't need to right now"

"Alright, we will be right back, stay safe and no talking to stra-"

"I know mom!" I chirped back

As they began to head to the bathrooms I began checking my phone, cute videos of dogs filled my following page, before I was able to scroll mindlessly a notification popped up on my phone.

Battery was low.

"Great" I said to myself. So I decided to not use my phone for the time being. Or at least until I could charge it on the plane. I turned my phone off and put it under my thigh. Out of complete boredom, I began looking around the waiting room, looking for something to occupy me, but before I could, my eyes made a pit stop when I saw something awfully familiar on the floor across from me.

A grey backpack.