Untitled Part 1

So, I'm actually nowhere near ready to start posting, as I'm still on chapter three. But, I'm about to write the scene that has been blocking me and I think after that It will be quicker. I hope anyway. I'm also posting now because I think if I know you guys are waiting for me, I'll be more motivated. 

I've been struggling a LOT and I don't really know why. I'm hoping with the return of warmer weather, I'll be in a better headspace. 

I have missed you guys and I've missed posting and I WILL get this series done. 

To those that might be new here, please don't start with this book. It's the last of the series. Also, if you are new here, these are unedited. As raw as raw can be. I try to make sure things aren't a complete train-wreck, but if your looking for polished, perfect work, this isn't that, unless I specifically say something has been edited. Even then, there are bound to be mistakes and I appreciate it when things get pointed out. As long as a series is, I can forget things I have previously written and create plot holes by doing such. I'm not perfect and I do appreciate feedback. 

Anyway, on with the show! 

~~~

"So, she lives. Her and the infant."

"Yes sir."

"Have you managed to locate them?"

"Ah, no. Not yet. She had help and from the last image on the outside camera, an unknown man took the infant and left. That same camera showed her being taken from the facility, though she was almost lifeless. The children would have helped keep her alive. And due to that, we believe she may have returned home."

The chair turned and the man fought a shiver at the coldness in the ice blue eyes that met his.

"It seems to me that everyone, including myself, has underestimated this woman at every turn. That is something we can no longer afford. Begin searching for her, but first, send Hodges to me. While you are looking for her, I want him to begin looking for a replacement. My patience has grown thin. When, not if, you find her, call me. I want her here. I have plans for her."

"Yes sir."

"That will be all."

The older man watched the young soldier salute before turning on his heel and leaving the room.

So easy to recruit these men. All of them wanted power and killing 'innocents' didn't bother them. A quality that he needed when he began this campaign. A quality that only made itself more useful as the woman proved herself adept at getting away from him and his colleagues. Ah, Anne. To think she believed she could take her on her own. Take Nyx, with herself and a few more of the more rebellious recruits. That little insurrection went as well as expected. But through her actions, she basically screamed their plans to the future vessel.

The element of surprise would have been much more favorable than this long drawn out game of cat and mouse.

But then, who could have expected the bitch to find help with the very creatures they were trying to control.

The man took a deep breath. Fury would get him nowhere.

Cold calm rational was what he needed as he reached for the phone. Punching in a number in the secure set, he watched as Hodges came in.

"Turner here." The deep voice came from the line.

"Turner, this is Commander Burnett. I need you to find us new real estate. We've been compromised."