1.7| nicolas flamel is older than the bubonic plague

Start from the beginning

Harry sat besides Alex cross legged, she was reading a Muggle book—her favourite one, Harry thought. She never told him that but he always saw her with it, the same old, torn copy of howl's moving castle. She definitely did love it.

"Hi" she said and closed her book, putting a bookmark inside it. 

"How was your Christmas break?" He said fidgeting with his wand.

"It was great" she said, not looking at him at all, unlike Harry who didn't look anywhere, only at her. 

"You're still angry with us?" He asked. 

"No, why would you think that" she said, folding her arms. She wasn't angry at them, she was just angry that they didn't like Cepheus because of his house.

"You didn't write to me, or Ron or Hermione over the Christmas break" He said and she didn't say anything. There was a long pause.

"What's wrong with being a slytherin?" She asked, finally breaking the silence, he stared at her, opening and closing his mouth like a fish. She finally looked at him. He never really thought about it, many things came to his mind, because Voldemort was one?, Because Ron told him that it was an evil house?, But none of them seemed good enough to say out loud.

"My mum was a slytherin" she said, he stared at her speechless.

"She was?" He asked, not believing her words. It was insane to think that one of the women who saved his life was a Slytherin.

"Yes, do you think she's bad too?"

N—no" he said. "I'm sorry"

"Don't say sorry to me Harry"  she said and he nodded. The silence engulfed the air again, until finally Alex spoke up again.

"Thanks" she said and Harry looked up, confused. 

"For what?" He asked. 

"For the chocolate box. I love them, I almost didn't want to eat then because they were too pretty" she said and he blushed, rubbing the back of his neck. 

"Thanks. You know you really like chocolates and—" she hugged him, he smiled sheepishly and hugged her back. "Your gift it was—" he hugged her tighter. "It was great"

"You were cute as a baby" 

"I'm not cute anymore!" He asked in fake exasperation.

"Nope, not even a little bit" she grinned, and broke the hug. He looked at her freckles, they reminded him of the night sky constellations.

"Also, don't worry about the Quidditch match, it'll be fine" Alex said. 

"Yeah" Harry started. "Just that Snape—"

"Don't worry I don't think he'll do anything this time" she said, trying not to sound worried. She was really worried for him. Trying to assure him was more like trying to assure herself that he'll be fine. 

"Yeah, I probably am overthinking" he said and shook his head. 

"Just don't fall this time, my arm still aches from catching you" she grinned.

"I mean I can't really promise" he smiled. She rolled her eyes. "Anyways you won't believe what I got for Christmas"

"What?" She said.

"I can't show it to you here" he said and guided her to his dormitory. No one was there yet, Ron was with Hermione, taking her help for the transfiguration homework, while Neville, Seamus and Dean were in the common room playing chess. He took out something from his pocket. It was a cloak, at least that's what she thought it was until he wrapped it around himself and disappeared.

"An invisibility cloak!" She gasped, her eyes wide. 

"It belonged to my father" He told her, removing the cloak from himself.

"It could be so useful, we could even sneak a lot of chocolate from the kitchen without anyone noticing! Or play pranks or sneak out and like so many things!" She exclaimed and he nodded, then shrugged.

"I also want to tell you something" he said grimly.

"What is it?" She asked, concerned.

"During Christmas break, I found a mirror, it showed the person who looked into it, their deepest desire"

"You saw your parents?" She asked and he looked up.

"How d'you know?" He asked and she shrugged. 

"Don't go back to the mirror" 

"Why?" He asked, even though he knew he couldn't. 

"Harry, as much as that's what you want, as much as the comfort that mirror provides you, it's a lie, no one can come back from the dead, its—its impossible. The mirror seems dangerous, so please don't go back to it ever"

"As much as I would've liked to, I can't. It's been removed from Hogwarts, it's somewhere else now" he said.

"That's great" she sighed from relief. "Now come on, I think we should check on Hermione and Ron. Hopefully they wouldn't have murdered each other by now" she said getting up and creasing her skirt. Harry chuckled, nodding his head.

_

"Hermione!" Alex groaned, as the bushy haired girl told her for the Merlin knows what time to study for approaching exams. "They're ten weeks away, calm down"

"Yes exactly just ten weeks away" Hermione said burying her head in the book again. Alex sighed. 

"Hey Hagrid, what are you doing in the library?" Ron said. 

"Just lookin" Hagrid said in a shifty voice. "What're you lot up ter, still lookin for Nicolas flamel are yeh?"

"Oh no, we found that ages ago. Fluffy's guarding the philosopher's s—" Alex said, waving her hand around dismissively, but was cut off by Hagrid shushing her down.

“There are a few things we wanted to ask you, as a matter of fact” said Harry, “about what’s guarding the Stone apart from Fluffy—”

“SHHHH!” said Hagrid again. “Listen come an’ see me later, I’m not promisin’ I’ll tell yeh anythin’, mind, but don’ go rabbitin’ about it in here, students aren’ s’pposed ter know. They’ll think I’ve told yeh—"

“See you later, then” said Harry. Hagrid shuffled off.

“What was he hiding behind his back?” said Hermione thoughtfully.

“Do you think it had anything to do with the Stone?” Alex said.

“I’m going to see what section he was in” said Ron, who’d had enough of working. He came back a minute later with a pile of books in his arms and slammed them down on the table. "Dragons!” he whispered. “Hagrid was looking up stuff about dragons! Look at these: Dragon Species of Great Britain and Ireland; From Egg to Inferno, A Dragon Keeper’s Guide.”

“Hagrid’s always wanted a dragon, he told me so the first time I ever met him" said Harry.

“But it’s against our laws" said Ron. “Dragon breeding was outlawed by the Warlocks’ Convention of 1709, everyone knows that. It’s hard to stop muggles from noticing us if we’re keeping dragons in the back garden anyway, you can’t tame dragons, it’s dangerous. You should see the burns Charlie’s got off wild ones in Romania"

"But aren't there wild dragons in Britain?" Harry asked.

Of course there are” said Alex. “Common Welsh Green and Hebridean Blacks. The Ministry of Magic has a job hushing them up, I can tell you. Our kind have to keep putting spells on Muggles who’ve spotted them, to make them forget"

"Then what on earth is Hagrid Up to?" Hermione said.

"We need to figure that out"