~Chapter 5~

Lily's wand ^

Lily's Pov

We entered Ollivanders'. Hagrid decided to stay outside, as the spindly chair really did not seem stable enough for him to sit on in the already cramped, small area, where customers were served. When he finished with Harry, he sent him outside, for fear of getting hurt from any future incorrect wand pairings. But when he pulled out the first box, after a long moment of careful thought and consideration, which was a very pale green, and gently took out the wand, which was black, with a green handle, which looked very unique.

"Phoenix feather, 10 and a quarter inches, and what I believe to be the only use of the wood in a wand in existence, the wood of dalbergia melanoxylon, or African blackwood." I looked at this wand curiously, picked it up, and muttered 'avis'. Birds flew out of the wand, and Ollivander stared. "It is not often, my dear, that a wand is paired with its witch or wizard on the first try. Avis is also a very advanced spell, and not very often used. Well done, it seems you will do well in Charms."

After I thanked Mr. Ollivander, payed him and left, I walked practically into Harry. "Tha' was awfully quick," Hagrid said, and even he looked amazed when I told him I'd got it on the first go. "Can we see it then?" Harry asked, and I showed it to him and Hagrid, telling them about how Ollivander reconned it was the only wand of its wood in existance.

"Well Lily," Hagrid said finally. ""I'm teh get yeh back to the Leaky Cauldron, an' someone's comin' to bring you teh tbe rest of the Weasleys." Harry patted me on the back reassuringly when I visibly paled, and Hagrid hastily added "now, don' yeh worry, the Weasleys'll love yeh, kindest people yeh'll ever meet, and I don' see how anyone couldn't like yeh, Lily." I smiled weakly at Hagrid, waving goodbye to Harry as he and Hagrid left for the Dursleys once more.