"Don't." Alex firmly states. "Do not disrespect the foods and your parents. We are eating right now."

Laura and Clint look at each other with their eyes wide open but didn't intercept as they silently watch the interaction.

Cooper nods, understanding, slowly lowering his head and continue eating.

For the teenage boy, however, he wasn't done as he glances over the younger girl. "Apologize to Cooper."

Lila opens her mouth to protest, but Alex keeps his expression firm, making her clamp her mouth shut and sigh. Glancing over her younger brother, she apologizes. "Sorry."

"Me too." The boy mutter. "Peace?" He offers his hand.

Lila smiled, shaking his hand. "Peace."

With no other words exchange the rest of Barton's children continue eating their breakfast in silent while unnoticed by them, their parent was quite baffled by what's happening in front of them.

Lila and Cooper bid their goodbye before riding their school bus with packed lunch at their hand.

Laura has gone to the down with Nat to buy some ingredients for dinner, especially with an additional mouth to feed, not that she minds as her husband and her first-born son have been quite a glutton that she notices Alex didn't inherit that side of his father's trait.

That leaves Clint with Alex alone at the farm to spend their time together, which also a part of Laura's plan. She has discussed the matters with the man, wishing that Alex slowly getting comfortable. She told her husband to let the boy roam around or show Alex around.

Clint was a bit nervous that the boy will appear passive at the idea. Still, he appears more laid back as he kept smiling and happily looking around while asking few questions on Clint's choice of lifestyle even when he's an Avengers and some questions about the team.

"Does that means the team are no longer a team?" Alex asks, walking beside his father, who keeps his hands in his pants.

The older Barton pout, shaking his head. "Yes, and no. We are kind of taking a break right now. The attack hit us hard. We win and yet, felt like we lost."

Alex nods, understanding. He remembers the attacks showed live on TV. He was at home waiting for his mother, who was out with her new boyfriend during the attacks; the scenes were horrible to watches. But the end was even worse.

"I'm sorry for your lost." Alex state, eyes soften, remembering the sacrifice of the hero that end the battle. "Are you guys close?"

Clint let out a chuckle, but it comes up more bitter than he wishes. "He was quite a funny person. Not very friendly but can sure be a pain in the ass."

"I see.... That was so brave of him. Do he have a family?"

The older Barton took a seat under the shade of the tree, followed by his son. The man keeps his eyes up at the sky as if wishing for the person to be hearing them talking.

He just nods his head instead of saying it, feeling his heart clench painfully.

"My condolence to them; they must be proud of him."

"Yeah, him—" Clint mutters, his thought floating away, remembering the day when it actually happens.

Watching the body collapse, and yet there's nothing any of them can do but watch and scream.

He can still hear the heart-wrenching screams from Nat and Wanda lingering around him.

The tears of disbelief falling his teammate's faces.

The look of horrors.

The lost.

The fall.

A/N: This book is set after the end of Eve's story. No spoiler but maybe a few clue in this chapter.....

Random Question:

Did you guys watch WandaVision? What do you think about it?

A/Answer: I love it so much!!!!! Also please for those who didn't watch it yet, don't open this comments section.

What do you guys think of Falcon And Winter Soldier episode 1?

A/Answer: I freaking out at it!!!!!!!!! Love it soooooo much. I was quite a fan of Sam and Bucky and damn gurlz, they are so fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ehem....

Please leave some of your opinions and vote for it. Thank you!!

P.S: I can't wait for Loki to come out!!!! *screaming

Save Me! (Clint Barton's Son)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें