"Are you sure this idea of ours won't throw off the balance of the realms?"

"Once we merge I am one-hundred percent certain the realms won't explode or something. Do you trust me?"

That was certainly not what she expected herself to ask. She had made so many poor judgment calls. Could she do this? Could she really trust herself? There was only one way to find out.

With a deep breath, she walked forward, colliding with her other-self.

It was a strange feeling, this joining, this merger. It was as if all of her cells had split into two before reforming. It was like nothing she had ever felt before. She imagined it was something she would never feel again.

When it was over she looked around. There was no sign of her other-self.

"Sabrina?" she called, "Sabrina?"

There was only silence. She reached into her pockets to retrieve the pouch of silver, but she paused when her hands came into contact with something that hadn't been there before. It was soft and warm. With a swift motion, she had pulled the strange object in front of her face. It was a blue velvet fabric. It was the cloak the other Sabrina had been wearing. The merge must have worked. That meant it was time to win the Unholy Regalia, and make one final bid for some semblance of freedom.

***

"Judas," Sabrina announced, waltzing into the ninth circle, "I have your pieces of silver."

"Did you get them all?" the false Judas drawled.

She had to hand it to Caliban. He was a very convincing actor. It wasn't surprising to think that she would have fallen for it in another life.

"Yes," she stated matter-of-factly, "I counted them."

"Let me feel the weight of them in my hands one last time."

"Of course," was her reply, "but first I'd like to accept your offer."

"Offer? I am afraid I do not understand."

She would relish the confusion in his voice for all of eternity, and she would never let him live it down.

"Your offer of marriage." With a wave of her hand, the Judas glamour fell, "Nice try, Caliban."

"How can this be? How did you know?"

He seemed furious until he began to process what she had said.

"You are accepting my offer?"

She couldn't say yes, not out loud, because her voice would crack and break. A slight nod of her head answered his question. She cleared her throat and did her best to hold her head up high.

"Yes. I have a few more conditions now, though, so are you going to get out of that rock so we can discuss them?"

"I would be happy to, Princess."

***

"I must say, Princess, I am very impressed."

They were exiting the ninth circle now, and walking along at a leisurely pace discussing the new terms of their arrangement.

"Thank you, Caliban."

"So, my lady, what are these new conditions of yours?"

"For starters, I would like for us to sign an oath of loyalty to each other, in blood," she stated firmly, indicating that this particular condition was not up for debate, "It seems only fair considering you were about to trap me in stone for eternity."

"It would not have been for eternity," he murmured, in a voice that was almost too soft for her to hear.

"What?" she questioned.

This just didn't add up. In the other timeline, she had been trapped in the ninth circle for decades. The guardians of the Unholy Regalia had told her that Caliban waged war on Earth and... lost. He died. The realization hit her like a ton of bricks.

"You were going to come back for me?"

"Of course," he said, gently taking her free hand in both of his, "There is no one in all the realms I would rather have to be my queen."

Sabrina knew it made her a fool, but she believed him. His skin felt almost human against hers. It was much too warm to be human, though. Perhaps it was because he was forged in the fires of this realm. She found that she quite liked it, and she had begun to wonder if she gave off that same warmth.

"Your precious Greendale would have been spared. It was to be my wedding gift to you."

He was going to spare Greendale simply because she called it home. He was going to spare it simply because she loved it, and it would break her heart to lose it. It was just one revelation after another with this man.

"I... Ummm... guess you're going to have to think of something else, then," she managed to say, removing her hand from his to continue their walk.

"I suppose I shall have to," he cleared his throat, and his voice returned to its usual haughty, confident tone, "Your other conditions, Princess?"

"I want to be able to visit Earth."

"I think I can agree to that, under certain conditions."

"Certain conditions?" she questioned.

He was bound to oppose some of her conditions. He had been remarkably compliant so far.

"I will happily agree," he said, "If you consent to spend the majority of your time in hell."

"I'll accept depending on your definition of majority."

"Two-thirds."

"Alright."

"You accept?" he laughed, "I honestly did not expect you to acquiesce so quickly."

"If you had asked for any more of my time I would have fought you tooth and nail on it."

"Nails and teeth?" he inquired in a sultry voice, "I had no idea you liked it rough, Princess. I suppose it is very lucky for us both that I do as well."

There was no way in heaven that he just said that to her! She was the Queen of Hell, rightful heir to the throne, and half divine! Surely, she was blushing furiously.

He was smirking. She was most definitely blushing. This was not the time.

"We get married after my coronation. That way there is no chance of my father denying my will."

"I concur. I need to be alive to rule by your side. Your father would surely have me ground to dust if he knew our plans. Is that all, Princess?"

"One more thing..."

Caliban looked at her expectantly.

"I want my father's head on a platter."

He lifted her hand once more, bringing her fingers up to his lips and kissing them gently, "Then you shall have it."