Chapter 15

"Lukas is watching your security cameras whilst complaining about my lack of loyalty as I stare into a cushion," Celia mumbled truthfully.

"That is what is happening here." Lukas agreed seriously.

Isaac grabbed the remote using magic and simultaneously forced both the twins to stand upright facing them.

"That's not nice," Celia mumbled to Lukas.

"Okay, so we've been nearly murdered by past employers, but somehow being forced to stop watching their CCTV and stand up straight is irritating to you?" Lukas asked her sarcastically under his breath.

She just sent him a look.

They both jolted back into seriousness as they faced their captors.

"Right, well I suppose we can tell you what we're going to do next," Carter said contemplatively.

He opened his mouth when a shadow fell across the room as a man appeared in the doorway. They both turned to him as he spoke. His voice was deep and filled the room.

"Since you've both been so direct with us, I think it only fair we should be the same with you," His swirling blue eyes bored into theirs, his gaze sent shivers of danger through them as it held them still. His presence was demanding of the room, word alone silenced the few others in the room. And the respect and obedience in their eyes told the twins all they needed to know about this man; he controlled their futures. He continued speaking "so what we're going to do, is take you downstairs and perform a series of tests on you in order to determine what species you each are."

His words caused waves of panic to spread through the twins as they glanced at each other. Lukas knew that this was bringing up crystal clear memories of when they had gotten tested on before for Celia because it was for him. It wasn't a clean, white lab, or spotless, exact measurements. No, they had been in a dark, damp cellar. The man had no idea what he was doing, he just injected them with more and more mixtures and waited for the change. It was haphazard and reckless, and most prominently, terrifying.

The twins never knew when their organs would shut down from the tests, or if what they were planning on doing today would cause their deaths.

"You see, I'm all up for you guys exacting your power over us and forcing us to reveal what we are to you, but there is a slight problem here," Lukas explained, laughing awkwardly and sarcastically.

"Yeah, um, there was this incident a couple of years back" Celia continued awkwardly,

"We got, like, captured by this sort of crazy guy." Lukas carried on.

"He injected us with a lot of stuff," Celia said offhandedly.

"Which is fine - we are still waiting for the organ failure though - but" Lukas protested as the looks got a little varied from the men in front of them, some confused, and some waiting with eyebrows raised for the rest of their explanation. "we're not too sure if you adding something to this cocktail mix of genetics is a good idea."

The powerful guy just stared at them impassively.

"The rules here are simple." He told them, as he paced closer to them, ignoring everything they had just said "you do what we want, staying here will be the closest people like you will get to heaven. You don't listen to us - and we won't hesitate to destroy your lives." He grew closer, and his voice grew lower "I don't think you understand yet. We control you. We control everything around you, and we control everything you do. Your lives are in my hands."

The twins burned with silent fury in response to his statement. That man made them nervous, that much they weren't afraid to admit. They didn't say anything but seemed to be just holding back an outburst. The man watched their forms for a second before turning around and to the exit of the room.