He sent one last fleeting look towards Natasha and walked out of his bedroom with his chin held high and a skip in his step, like nothing had ever happened.

***

"Alright, when we get down there I want Clint and Nat taking guard. Tony and I will retrieve the files and Pete and Bruce can stay up here. I don't think this is a hulk level situation, everyone got that?" Steve questioned.

The whole team nodded except Peter.

"Why exactly am I staying up here?"

"We all noticed that you were a little out of it today and we can't afford any slip ups, as accidental as they may be."

Peter huffed and slumped down in his seat. Of course he was upset that he didn't have much of a distraction but he knew that this was a necessary decision.

"Right, off we go!"

* * *

Steve was obviously the first to be off the quinjet, closely followed by Tony, Clint, and Nat.

Each of them were stationed where they were told to be.

"On our way to retrieve the files." Tony fired his repulsers at a HYDRA agent.

"Me and Nat have got the Agents outside."

"Be careful, They've got more guards than they usually have so they're probably guarding something important." Steve warned.

"We got it spangles."

Tony placed the USB into the computer and started to look around.

"I totally have better tech." He laughed to himself.

"Not the time Stark."

"Right, Cap." Tony rolled his eyes and waited until the files had loaded to take out the USB.

"Nat, Clint have you got all the Agents?"

Nat grunts through the com, "Yep."

"I want a full sweep of this place. There's gotta be something here if they had that many guards."

"You ever consider that maybe it's a bigger base?" Peter sassed.

Tony paused and looked back at Steve.

Steve sighed, "No kid, we didn't but that's still not a reason to not look around."

Tony started walking down the closest hallway with Steve following behind him.

Tony turned his com off, "What do you think has the kid all distracted today?"

Steve also turned his com off, "I'm not sure but whatever it is I'm sure he'll tell you when he is ready."

"Yeah." Tony Sighed.

Suddenly, they heard a quiet sniffle come from their left. The pair didn't want to risk anything so they turned their coms back on.

"I think we've got something."

Tony and Steve turned the corner.

"Awwwwww."

Steve turned towards Tony and raised his eyebrows.

"What? I love kids! Am I not allowed to like kids?"

Steve shook his head and slowly opened the cell door.

The boy was covered in dirt. He wore what looked to be hand me downs, but were probably not, and he looked like he hadn't seen the sun in months.

The boy saw the two burly men and shuffled himself back into the corner. He didn't appear to be injured, just scared and dirty.

Tony kneeled in front of him.

"Hey kid, we're not here to hurt you. We got rid of all the bad guys. We have some leftover shawarma on our super cool airplane, wanna come?"

The boy was clearly hesitant to agree but he eventually let Tony pick him up.

"Hey we found a kid, bringing him back now."

"Is he injured?" Bruce asked.

"Nope, just a little spooked."

***

As Tony walks up to the quinjet with the boy in his arms he thinks about how glad he is that he has never had to drag Peter out of a HYDRA base. If his kid ever looked like this he would kill everyone that ever hurt him and then himself.

Tony is pulled out of his thoughts when the quinjet door is lowered and Steve walks inside, ahead of him.

"Come on kid, let's get you some of that shawarma."

Tony follows Steve into the jet and stands to the side of him.

"We found a boy looks to be around five, a bit sca-"

"PAPA!"

The boy wriggles out of Tony's arms and into Peters.

Peter eyes snap open and he falls to his knees. His arms open wide as his son tackles him to the ground. Peters hands grapple for the back of Ben's head as if to gauge if this was actually happening.

"B-Ben? Oh Benjamin, I missed you bud!" Peter exclaimed, not even caring to hold back his sniffles.

"I was scared Papa."

"Oh, I know buddy, I know. It's okay, I'm here now." Peter comforted his son.

"WHAT THE FU-"

* * *

Got kinda bored of writing this one, part 2?