Mysterious Person (Prologue)

Magsimula sa umpisa

(Ukaku wings)

(Ukaku wings)

(Rinkaku tendrils three on each side)

"Waste of my time." He says and looks at the older girl in front of her. "Who are you?" She struggles to sit straight and looks at him. 'What is this child?' She thought.

"Lady, you better answer unless you want to join him." His eyes narrowed down on me. "Hikari" She replies continuing to stare the strange boy.

"Follow me." He said in a soft voice that made him seem harmless. Hikari follows closely behind.

Soon they arrive a building that was not as terribly ruined as the ones she passed by. "Come in." He says and puts down the halves of the dead person on the floor and sits down on the floor.

(Hikari's POV)

I sat down with him and he looked at me while giving me half of the body. "This is for you." He said and started eating his own half. I was disgusted with him. 'How can he just eat a ghoul like that?'

"Stop, glaring at me and eat." He said like it was no big deal. "How can you possibly be a cannibal?" I said completely sickened by his actions. "What else are you gonna eat?" His tone shifted to a more annoyed tone.

"This smells revolting." He says nothing but his eyes said it all 'Eat it or starve'. I rolled my eyes. 'God, this one is weird.' I slowly take a bite from the body. "This tastes terrible." His kagune flared and pointed towards me.

"If you don't quit nagging you will die." I gulped and quietly finish the rest of portion. 'Alright, Hikari let's not piss off the guy that can kill you.' "It will make you stronger."

"Cannibalism makes ghouls stronger?" I asked and he nodded. "I am proof that it works so is everyone here. One day a lot of men with silver suitcases came trying to kill the ghouls.

They left after a few hours. It was about a year ago. It was easy to kill them. Human flesh compared to this tasted heavenly." He said holding out the piece of flesh.

"Wait, how old are you? 7,8" I asked. "12 years old." My face dropped. "You killed them at age 11." He nodded and asked "How old are you?" I looked at him. "20." He nodded and his kagune seemed to relax.

'What's with his kagune it seems to flail around randomly.' I looked at him confused as to what to do next.

"I have a deal for you. I want you to help me escape this place." I was very confused. "You look like you're strong enough to leave by yourself." His kagune flails a little again.

"Because there are ghoul who stake out the barricades for easy food because sometimes those humans show up or weaker ghouls trying to escape." He said.

"So the man who attacked me was one of those." I asked. "Yes, you were lucky that there was only one. Usually there are six or eight. That's why I need help.

I am strong but I am still a child, I rely on people underestimating me." He says as his kagune slowly shifted covering his body.

'Okay, can his kagune calm down, it's distracting.' I looked back at him. "You have a deal. I guess." I mumble the last part. He nods and hums. "Good." He gets up and his wings spread open.

"May I ask a question?" He looked at me. "You can ask as many questions as you want but I will only answer if I feel like it." He moves towards a staircase and I follow him.

"Well, I wanted to know your name and where we are going?" He continues walking up and stops for a moment. "We are going to my home." I nod. 'So he doesn't want to tell me his name.'

Both of us go to the rooftop. He started jumping from rooftop to rooftop and even with my ghoul hearing it was tough to hear his steps. I follow behind him but suddenly his kagune wrapped around me.

'Wait what is he doing? This kid is really weird. Who taught him all this? He can't possibly learn all this on his own.'

After sometime of being carried by him we landed on a mall roof. He carried us down to a store in the mall. 'Huh, kid lives in a toy store, it would be cute if he didn't seem so threatening.'

He finally set me down. There were water bottles scattered throughout the shop. "You're too loud, walk more quietly. Anyone could've heard us."

I looked him in the eyes. "Listen kid, I can't do anything if you don't tell what the hell this place is?" He sighs and sits down. "This place is basically a large hunting ground where everyone is the prey and predator."

"Okay, so what's the plan of action, what do we do?" He looks confused for a bit before saying. "Well, I need you to be stronger so we can escape." I sighed loudly.

"Alright then when do we start?" He looked at me. "We start tomorrow night. Now sleep the sun is coming up." I tried to stop him from going asleep but his kagune wrapped itself around him completely covering his body.

'What the hell? Is he a caterpillar because he went into his cocoon? This kid is really fucking weird.' "Good night or morning I guess." I slept quietly next to him.

---------------------------------------------------
Hello there, as you can see this book is a completely rewritten version of the original book and it will follow a different timeline of events. As of now I am undecided on whether I should remove the old one or not.