十五 Letting Someone Else Go First

Start from the beginning

"Stop talking like that!" Tanjiro scolded, his big brother mode back one. "He called me 'stupid boar', okay Monijro?"

"It's Tanjiro!"

"So anyway, we're heading the right way, right?" the hanafuda teen asked, looking at the pair leading. Without sparing a glance, the girl replied, "We're heading the right way, the presence is getting stronger, but there's a lot of energy coming from that way meaning that there's going to be many obstacles..."

The three came to a halt, looking at the new bunch they were facing. "Here's another bunch," Inosuke said, looking ahead.

There stood a girl around nii-san's age, strings attached to her way more than the other group before, but this time the big difference was that she was responsive and very much alive. I was surprised to see her since all the Demon Slayers I've met was and were male, including the puppets. My eyes widened to see her arms twisted, arm being controlled a sword in her hand piercing the neck of another slayer. Teh older held the hair of a dead slayer, holding his bleeding head up

"No...don't come closer. Please someone of higher rank! Otherwise, everyone will get killed! please...Please!"

My heart dropped seeing her aura, it was fearful and desperate, the tears spilling out of her eyes were holding so many emotions. The girl's arms raised up, her sword ready to attack, "Run!"

I jumped back, the sword movement more fluid and stronger than before. Swiping the sword aimlessly, the girl struggled with her eyes closed, "I'm being controlled, so my movements aren't my own at all! I was never this strong!"

The strikes were getting faster, aiming at nothing, until her arms were pulled, her shoulder making a terrible 'crunch', making her let out a forced out choke. She dived forward, attacking Tanjiro with full force, without care about her body. 'It's just moving for the kill, no actual skills,' I thought watching nii-san deflect her blows, moving back to create space.

'The demon is forcing her body to move with the threads, so it doesn't care if her bones get broken!' the girl slashed down, making her scream as her shoulder let out another sickening crack, 'So cruel!'

"This sound," I turned around to see more Demon Slayers winding up slowly, their mangled bodies raising up. The two slayers raised up, their arms twisted in sick ways, definitely broken. Fujiko watched, forcing her self to stay calm and not to feel as the slayer with a bleeding face spoke,

"My arms and legs...the bones are piercing my inner organs!" he forced out, every breath he took a clear sign of pain, "Everytime I'm forced to move, the pain's intense! I can't take it anymore! Either way, I'll die. So please, help me! Deliver the finishing blow!"

It took every ounce of my being not to react to the sight, I felt my fingers threaten to tremble, only making me tightening my grip on my sword's handle.

"Sure you got it!" Inosuke said, running at the mangled slayer with both hos swords behind him. If it wasn't for his intent, I wouldn't have moved. I ran from my place, standing infront if the boar with my arms wide, "No! You can't kill him! There's got to be another way!"

"Shut up!" he yelled, trying to puch me away, but I didn't budge, "You really need to shut up Kikyo!"

He kicked me in the leg, making me jump to the side. The slayer swiped at him, making him duck. He was about to raise his arm, but I grabbed onto it, using my entire body wait to pull his limb down. He growled, trying to shake me off. I just shook my head, holding on tighter,

"You can't kill him! He's our comrade and we don't kill our comrade!"

He raised his arm up, lifting me off the ground and slammed me on it, making me wince, but not letting go, "Let go of me, midget! Your body weight is like a weasel's! He's asking us to kill him right?"