peacefulness

[22:00]

Coming out of the bathroom after doing your nightly routine, you look towards the bedroom to see Taeyong sitting snuggly on the bed, playing on his switch and under the comfy duvet.

You make your way to him, sitting beside him. Although he's very into his game, he feels your presence and pulls the duvet over your body and tugs you closer to him so you can get comfy too.

You look at his switch to see what he's so focused on

"what are you playing bub?"

"animal crossing"

"where should i put this birdcage?"

You rest your chin on his shoulder, pointing at the screen you suggest a place

"over here looks good"

You continue to watch him play. There's something very peaceful about watching him so focused on the game. The music is a bonus too. You feel relaxed and feel all your stresses go away, not just from watching him play but just being with him.

After a while, Taeyong stretches his body a bit and moves down where he's lying down on the bed, his head resting on your lap. You start to smooth your hands through his hair and play with some strands of his hair, something you always do out of habit.

As time passes, you can feel your eyes closing but you try to keep them open. Eventually you stop trying and let sleep take over you. Taeyong, still focused on his game no longer feels hand movements. He looks up to see that you've drifted off to sleep. He decides it's enough gaming for the day and saves the game and switches off the console.

Taeyong gets up and turns the light off before going to the bathroom. When he comes back, he climbs into bed. He notices you're not in deep sleep yet so he gently pulls you down with him, pulling your body closer to him and wrapping an arm around your waist. You snuggle closer to him, hand on his chest, feeling his heartbeat which lulls you to sleep

"goodnight baby"

He says before placing a soft kiss on your forehead and drifts off to dreamland with you

~