Music Evolution: The Changes Within Hip Hop Music Culture

A genre that was created 40 years ago in the streets of New York City, hip hop music has come a long way and transcended from the impacts of cultural influences.

During the early 90s, many rappers started their music as a movement to voice their struggles as black people in America. At that time, many of the social issues impacting hip-hop artists were not properly depicted on mainstream media platforms. In fact, hip-hop itself was not considered a form of art that continued the heated debates on the significance of rap of the underrepresented population in the United States and the fights associated with social justice.

However, rap now holds that relevance that it always sought after- and is now amplifying the voices of rap artists in a number of ways that have kick-started a new future for the hip-hop culture.

Growing Social Media Platforms

The internet is one of the major driving forces that has helped increase the range of rap music worldwide. Social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc., have been aiding these artists connect with their fans through much simpler means- especially after the early 2010s where these mediums began to really blow up.

Fans are able to view live sessions of hip-hop artist online and become up close and personal with anything they share of their day to day music routine. Sometimes fans can leave comments, and artists can respond to them, allowing efficient engagement between the two parties.

More Hip-Hop Music is Being Released

Ever since rap music became more accepting among global societies, rappers have been given more freedom to work on new music and even form collaborations with other rappers and musicians. Moreover, several artists launching their albums every year motivates other artists to do the same to stay in a conversation that has been evolving just as quickly as the rap culture.

Plus, leaving your fans unattended is a risky maneuver-there are just too many rappers out there who are pouring in endless amounts of effort and spreading their message to captivate their crowd better than anyone. And if any rapper is lagging in doing the same, their presence becomes practically invisible. Hence another reason why we have been witnessing many rappers continuously working on their new albums and launching them on a more frequent basis.

Mixing Genres with Rap

Hip-hop evolution has also given room to experimentation and rappers have always been gutsy when it comes to trying out new things and creating something entirely new from the experience.

Mixing genres has been one of the most interesting ways musicians have revolutionized music in many different ways. In fact, American rapper Ceno has attempted to mix two completely different genres, rap and classical music together- and has succeeded in the process as well.

Despite many struggling circumstances in the streets that he experienced as a child, he had been involved in jazz bands in middle school and excelled at using musical instruments. And even after he entered the music industry, he continued his music knowledge aside from rap and improved his skills as a knowledgeable musician.

One day when he was challenged to rap to classical music, Ceno make a breakthrough in music history by ACTUALLY following through with it and rapping over classical music- an attempt which has never been succeeded before in music history.

And this is only the beginning. With rapperslike Ceno in the music industry, we are sure to witness phenomenal changeswithin the hip-hop culture in the definite near future.