💣

"don't forget the sushi please!" sakuya waved her brother good bye with a smile.

sounds so dramatic but shotaro was just going out for grocery and not off to japan or somewhere else. on the way there, the boy was dancing to trending songs on toktik in tiny since he was on the streets and didn't want to attracting people's attention but people should know that they shouldn't sleep on his talent. 

he entered the usual grocery store and was greeted by the people. the kid was known for being a bit shy but he was extremely polite— always greeting and bowing, truly a best boy. picking up a basket, he checked the list his mother texted him. "so, i need to get some meat and vegetables... then some sushi."

he scanned through the isles and saw the vegetables he needed. picking up the packed carrots, he went back and returned it after realizing that getting your own would be cheaper. "we don't have much of a budget and i better make the money mom gave fit," he muttered to himself.

he proceeded to the meat section of the store and came across a rowdy group of boys who might look his age. after getting chicken and beef that his mother listed down, he went to pay for the items.

"here's the total, shotaro," the cashier lady smiled at the young boy.

shotaro reached for the money from his pocket and handed it over. oh, its just enough for everything. guess mom knows best, huh?

he walked out of store and back to the house. he was half way home when he felt something wrong. looking around, it felt like déjà vu. his heart was beating really fast.

he took a few steps and abruptly stopped.

"oh, shoot! i forgot the sushi!"

shotaro ran back and greeted the people again, he eyed it from a far and hurriedly walked to it in any case that somebody might want to purchase it too. and he was right but he won't let sakuya down. this is competition.

"hi, are you," he looked up at the tall boy who looked a little younger than him that was also holding on to the sushi pack he was gripping onto also. he was with those guys earlier. "um, i hope you don't mind, but my sister really wants these."

"i, oh, um, sure?" he let go of the sushi with a small pout then nodded at him. "hope she enjoys it."

"thank you so much," shotaro gave the taller a smile, "and i'm extremely sorry about it."

"no, no, its fine. i understand that its for your sister," the male smiled then walked away, probably going back to his friends. he understood that it was for family and that the male just wanted to make someone happy. would be nice to have a sister. he thought and walked back to his friends who were confused as he was empty handed but shrugged it off.

its a good thing he didn't pick a fight with me. for a minute, i was actually scared. he went back to the cashier and the lady was surprised, "forgot something, huh?"

shotaro laughed with a nod, "gotta bring something for my sister." he remembered that he gave all the money earlier for the grocery which meant he had to use up his own money. he took out his wallet then saw that there were only a few bills left and realized that the sushi would use up probably half of it. for sakuya, its gonna be fine. i can just earn from the next shift at work. he paid for it and walked back home.

this time, the bad feeling wasn't just because he forgot something.

there was something seriously wrong.

his cellphone rang and sweat formed on his forehead. it was his neighbor.

"shotaro, we need you here."