9.

Chuuya pov

After finally escaping from that mackerel's house, I went home to change into my clean work attire and headed to the Port Mafia. As I passed through the hallways, I was met with two amber eyes in front of my door office. It was Tachihara, he looked a bit nervous so I wasted no time inviting him in.

"Chuuya-san..." he said hesitantly. I said nothing, motioning him to continue. "We found the person who shot you two days ago." I froze. They found him?! Did they already kill him or was he still on the loose? I had so many questions but Tachihara stopped my train of thought when he told me the culprit's name.

"Fyodor Dostoevsky is the one who shot you."

'huh?'

I stared at him dumbfounded. This couldn't be true, right? That man died a long time ago. This must be fake. My lips started to shake as I tried talking but no words came out. That bastard Fyodor died. I saw it with my own two eyes. I saw how he was tortured slowly until his heart gave up. There's no way-

"I'm sure you're in shock, as we all were, but it's the truth, Chuuya-san, and you're in grave danger."

Without noticing, a light chuckle left my lips, followed by a burst of loud maniacal laughter. There's no way, no way in fucking hell. That motherfucker is onto me. Again. Even after death. Oh, how great it would've been if I turned dead at the scene that day.

After I calmed my laughter down, I noticed Tachihara staring at me with fear and pity. I figured he's just feeling sorry for me, how cute. In any case, if Fyodor is indeed alive and is trying to kill me in this very second, that means I have to get away from everyone and crush his skull, killing him for real this time.

I abruptly got up from where I was seated and went to the door. Before I opened the door, I looked at Tachihara "Oi, tell the boss I won't be at work for a month. If I don't come back in that period of time, it means an executive spot is left open." I said and left the room. I could tell Tachihara wasn't going to understand the gravity of the situation, so I hope Mori-san will understand and leave it all to me.

I won't lose my family, not again. And especially not to a piece of shit like Fyodor.

I arrived home not long after and started packing some clothes and money. Seems like I'll be leaving for a few weeks. After I was sure I had everything I needed (including my dagger and other weapons) I headed outside the house. I got onto the bike that I got from a very close friend of mine that left this world a long time ago and started the engine. I could hear someone yelling my name in the distance. I wasn't sure who it was but I didn't care. All I had to do at that moment is get as far as possible from my beloved city. And so I did.

The engine hurled as I drove in the distance. I was heading towards the sunset. It didn't matter where I went, I knew he'd follow. That rat was always after me, and it seems like even in death he won't stop until he gets his work done.

I drove for another 5 hours and stopped to fill up my engine. I noticed my phone was lighting up with messages. I was sure Kouyou got scared at the news and is trying to reach me to see if I'm still alive. I opened my phone just to be faced with 74 messages from Dazai.

I stared in awe at the notifications before opening and reading some of them.

Mackerel

"Chuuya"

"Where the hell are you heading to??"

"I yelled your name for so long my throat started hurting"

"You're so cruel, chibi, making me wait like this T^T"

"Chuuya answerrrrrrrr"

There were a lot of similar messages until I got to the most recent ones.

Mackerel

"I know he's after you, chibi, but you won't make it out alive if you don't let me help"

I stared at my phone in horror. He knows. How does he know? Why would anybody tell him? How is he so sure I'd die without his help?

My thoughts were stopped by another notification on my phone.

Mackerel

"I'm coming for you, Chuuya. Stay put until I arrive."

'Just who does he think he is?! Like hell I'd need his help. This is none of his business anyway. Why is he so inclined to save me from Fyodor??'

After some time, I heard a car crash in the distance. I knew exactly who it was. I ran in the direction of the crash and found the brunette unharmed and dusting his clothes.

"DAZAI?! WHAT THE HELL-" the said one covered my mouth and shushed me. "We need to move, Chuuya." I looked at him with a confused face. Where is this bastard taking me? Is he serious right now?!

I licked his hand, making him take it off of my mouth. "And how do you plan on going anywhere with that crashed car??" I asked with an annoyed tone. "Easy," he smiled sheepishly "we'll go on your bike."

"HA?!"