Before meeting up with Harry and Ron, Hermione bought this big ginger cat and called it Crookshanks, said cat immediately took a dislike for Ron's rat, chasing it around all day, but that's what cats do.

Ron and Hermione were arguing about that when Harry came down the stairs, Amy saw him first, grateful for a distraction she called him loudly. "Hey Harry!"

He turned to them, a big smile creeping on his face and gave the three of them a hug.

"How are you?" asked Amy. "Why are you here?"

"I'm good," said Harry. "I'm staying here at the Leaky because I ran away."

"Wait really?" asked Amy amusedly and Harry nodded. "Me too!" she exclaimed.

She heard Ron commenting 'they shouldn't be bonding about running away, should they?" to which Hermione responded, 'if that's their way to cope who are we to judge' 'their best friends' Hermione let out a chuckle, 'at least they're safe' and Ron made a sound of agreement.

"Why did you run away?" said Harry, a hint of worry on his voice.

"Oh I'll tell you and Ron details later but I had a fight with my mum," she said dismissively, her mood was too good right now to talk about that. "And what about you?"

"Oh same thing honestly," said Harry smirking. "Although I did blow up my uncle's sister."

"What?" exclaimed Ron Hermione and Amy at the same time, Ron and Amy with amused expressions and Hermione with a serious one.

"Yeah she was bitching about my parents so I kind of just snapped and accidently blew her up."

Ron and Amy immediately started laughing and Hermione scolded them for it. "It's not funny!" she exclaimed. "He could've been expelled!"

"Yeah and that's worse than dying in your book isn't it?" teased Ron and Hermione sighed pinching the bridge of her nose but Amy could see she was trying to not let a few giggles out. She turned to Harry who was sniggering quietly next to her.

"How did you get here?" asked Ron.

"The knight bus," he said and Amy frowned.

"What's that?" she asked.

"It's a magical bus that appears when a wizard needs, they just have to whip their wand out," said Hermione matter-of-factly.

"You're telling me I just needed to take my wand out and it'd take me to your house?" Hermione nodded. "Why didn't you tell me?" said Amy dramatically. "The cab was expensive, Mione," she rolled her eyes. "I'm discounting it from your Christmas present."

The days leading their departure to Hogwarts were one of the best Amy has ever had, Hermione's parents were very different than she imagined. She had pictured a pretty strict house with a lot of rules— Hermione's had to get the bossy genes from someone— but they're actually a lot more cool, they can stay up until late, they can go out on the afternoon and at dinner they talk about basically everything.

"So," said Mr. Granger. "Hermione told us about this very interesting thing you did," her eyes widened and she turned at Hermione. "This boy, Malfoy, you punched him?"

She gaped at him for a second. "Hermione told you that?" she asked, Mr. and Mrs. Granger nodded. I- okay look I'm not usually very violent, well I don't hit people frequently, but Malfoy was being this massive idiot and I—"

"We know what happened dear," said Mrs. Granger. "We didn't bring it up to scold you for it, I just want to know why."

"Well, he had called us... that, then Ron tried to hex him but his wand was messed up so the spell hit himself and Malfoy and his friends started laughing. God I was so mad because I knew he was going to get away with it so I just came up to him, took his wand away from him and punched him."