Chapter 1 - Compassion

"To be kind is to help others."

A/n: Readers do not need to memorize the other characters' names in this chapter.

Y/n's P.O.V.

Bang!

You wiped your head towards the direction of the sound as your heart started to beat fast out of nervousness. What was that? You questioned yourself. You were only a 5 year old kid currently alone in a forest near your town, collecting your mother's favorite wild flowers for your parent's anniversary that's right about the corner.

You gulped, as you tightly held your basket of flowers while curiously searching for the source of the sound. Even though the forest was dense, it was a bright afternoon so you could see perfectly fine with the sunlight filtering through the trees.

Within a few minutes of looking around, you spotted an odd creature in your peripheral vision. It was a few meters away from your spot in the bushes. It had a spherical form with short legs under and had an unusual dark red violet color. It looks like round chubby red violet caterpillar, you thought.

You stared at the weird being for a while and realize that it was bleeding from all it's injuries. You flinched when you saw it looked at you, it's small black eyes seem to stare into your soul, begging for help. You saw that there were tears in the corner of its eyes and felt sympathy for the creature, it must be in a lot of pain.

You cautiously approached the unknown animal and it backed away, feeling intimidated.

"Shhh, it's ok little guy. I'm not gonna hurt you," you cooed, trying to calm the injured one. " Are you ok? You must be hurt. Come on, I'll treat your wounds."

It slowly crawled toward your direction as you put both your hands on the ground for it to climb on. It hesitated for a bit, poking your hand with its tiny little insect feet before letting you carry it.

"There you go. Please bear with the pain for a little longer. I'm Y/n Ito and my family specializes in medicine. I will treat you myself because they're not fond with pets." You explained with a honeyed voice.

You gently wrapped the caterpillar - like creature with a blanket and placed it in your basket, hiding it underneath the flowers.

"Let's go, Mister Caterpillar!" You announce with visible enthusiasm and a smile. Little did she know that the very creature she took in was a Special Grade Curse and will be the cause of her family's demise

3rd Person P.O.V.

The strange being stared at the (h/c) haired girl who oddly offered to heal a monster like her. Weird, was she not aware that she was a curse? Still, she looked ugly and terrifying, most of the humans she encountered were scared of her and often tried to get rid of her. Although she doesn't retaliate, she was upset with their behavior which made her avoid humans. The compassion that the little girl has given her made her feel warm and happy. A feeling she has forgotten and never felt again for thousands of years.

Neither of the two knew it was a destined meeting that will connect them together for a life time.

-------------------------------------------------------

3 days later

K - krak!

The loud crackling of fire burning the Ito's residence can be heard as a large crowd of humans set the huge house on fire, though it does nothing to muffle the screams of the agonizing Ito family members. Six Jujutsu Sorcerers surrounded the remaining Ito family, clearly undeterred with the roaring flames around them.