[𝟏𝟏]. moonkissed

Start from the beginning

"We are meeting soon," A male with dark brown locks spoke—to no one.

Laying down a bouquet of silkflowers and glaze lilies, he stared off at the marsh. There was nothing besides a few merchants and travelers, quite an ordinary sight, must he admit.

"I do not know if I can face her, though. Especially not after what I've done," No matter. There was nobody there, he knew—but regardless, he would speak. Speak to the spirits that linger, speak to the souls who could not carry on... centuries later.

"But... this is just the start. The start of the contract to end all contracts," He commented, amber eyes piercing up at the sky, the moon. And in his heart, he seemed to know...

You were watching it. From wherever you were... you saw the moon—the same moon as he.

"I'm sorry," He dipped his head, a silent vigil for the forgotten—the fallen.

Long, long ago. There was a grave, a grave made by a certain adeptus and Yaksha.

"In memory of the fallen: Dihua Village.

'The blue sky is clear, just as the future'"

For the God of Contracts, having such a bountiful memory is merely a necessity, as all contracts must be remembered.

However, sometimes, the memory could be used for more.

'To keep the remembered—remembered.'

"Mr. Zhongli! I was looking everywhere for you! Your presence is requested back at the Funeral Parlor!" A woman rushed up to the taller male, his geo vision glowing brightly in the presence of his thoughts.

"At this late at night?" Turning around, Zhongli stared at the woman, a surprised expression painting his face.

"Y-Yes! It's regarding a certain antique..."

"An antique, you say?"

"It is said to be an adeptus relic! It seems to be a feathered hairclip..."

His eyes widened, the silkflowers and glaze lilies behind him wafting their aroma into dusk, their memory preserved with his visit.

"I see. Please allow me two minutes before we head back to Liyue Harbor."

[TIANQIU VILLAGE]

"We should head back. The night is ending, you need rest," [Y/N] stood up, Bennett following suit as he stared at the girl through half-lidded eyes.

"Yeah... sorry about that... I should've saved my apology until morning," Bennett laughed awkwardly, scratching his cheek in embarrassment as the girl shook her head.

"Don't worry about it. Though... ah, you might want to hold onto your stomach," Resting her index finger on the adventurer's shoulder, his half-awake mind did not expect what was about to happen next.

"Just imagine me as a Teleport Waypoint, okay?"

"Huh—?"

Without waiting for an answer, the girl snapped with her free finger, teleporting her and Bennett back at the Traveler's camp, red sparks and flames emitting from their point of contact with the new ambiance.

Xiao's teleportation is way smoother. Hah, the perks of anemo. [Y/N] thought with a grimace, resting a hand in the small of Bennett's back as he cupped a hand over his mouth.

To think that she had just teleported in front of Venti's sleeping form too! My, what a coincidence! What unfortunate events would occur if Bennett were to throw up right all over the bard's (handsome) face—