The Living Well

Once upon a time, in a faraway village in Germany, there was a well.

Nobody liked to go by that well, because there were rumors that the kids who went on to take water from that well, disappeared.

However, there was a little girl pretty much as young as you are, curious about the well. She read plenty of stories about different wells around the world.

The well Japan that turned out to be on top of a volcano. A well in south England where fairies lived. The well in Russia that was cold that even the boiled water spilled on top of it got frozen in an instant.

The girl's name was Lucy.

She much believed in being a curious explorer.

However, her parents were worried about that trait of hers. They thought it could mean only trouble. They have prohibited her to go alone anywhere, to go late at night anywhere, and they put a veto on going to the well ever alone or with friends.

But Lucy was too curious. She just couldn't resist the possibility of going to that well of her village and exploring it. On her late birthday she decided when everybody would go to sleep, she would sneak out from her bedroom into the yard and then onto the hill where was that well.

She grabbed a flashlight to brighten her way, and then when she looked down the well, flashlight lightening her way, unspoken happened, the well devoured her alive.

Then chewed and munched her little body spitting out the bones to the outer world.

Needless to say, the parents were searching for her for weeks to come, but they never dared out of fear going to that well. The police examined the well. However, this time it pretended to be a simple well. The thing is the meat of the adults is not as sweet as that of young little children.

The end