If there was such a thing as fate, then everything had been predetermined. If there wasn't such thing as fate, then the whole concept of a curse was ludicrous.

Gu Shishi grumbled.

Huo Sishen, on the other hand, frowned immediately.

There was unseen solemness and gloominess on his handsome face.

"What nonsense are you talking about?"

He scolded her!

"What kind of random thoughts do you have going through that head of yours all day long??"

Ads by Revcontent

Was she saying that she wished to be dead?

That living was too difficult and she preferred to be dead?

She wished to take her own life?

He recalled Qin Ruhai mentioning suicidal thoughts as one of the symptoms of depression. One would want to end one's own life in order to escape problems that they were not able to resolve.

His eyes turned cold and his raised his volume half a notch.

"What has been bothering you lately?"

No friends? Hasn't she already made friends with the Qin's sisters?

Was she said because they were loved by their parents and she wasn't?

Ads by Revcontent

Or that Chen Kexin ditching her earlier had brought back unhappy memories from the past?

Chapter 272 – "I feel that, we make a good couple together." (3)

Huo Sishen's hand tightened around the fork.

What did he need to do to alleviate the symptoms? How to talk to her to make her feel better? What was the best course of treatment?

He looked at that pink and soft face in front of him with his black eyes and, for the very first time, regretted not paying more attention to Qin Ruhai when he talked.

He would always send him on his always after he had said just a couple of sentences.

Thinking of that, Huo Sishen frowned and waved at Butler Lin who was waiting just outside. "Get Qin Ruhai to come over."

Gu Shishi was still thinking about what else to say and how to wrap up the conversation in order to get to what she was trying to get at.

But she was stunned by his scolding and summoning of Qin Ruhai.

Ads by Revcontent

"Why do we need Dr. Qin here?"

She looked up with her limpid eyes.

That's when she saw that in the cold and black eyes of the man in front of her a rare mixture of anxiety, nervousness, and worry could be seen.

A man who was normally domineering seemed helplessly nervous.

Huo Sishen's chin was taut.

To check up on you, of course.

But he held it back. He couldn't say that out loud.

Many people could not accept the fact that they were mentally ill.

Ads by Revcontent

And she was so young.

Right at the age when she would be her happy self.

With an illness like that, all the more the Gu's would not dote on her and her adopted parents would want to avoid her even more.