She nodded in an especially compliant way. "All right, I will obey you. I promise to be good!"

Mo Beihan left. For the next few days, Gu Qingyao was very obedient and remained in the Gu house.

Ads by Revcontent

Gu Jinlin and Gu Yundong also knew what was going on, but they did not know what Mo Beihan was up to. However, he had spoken with such sincerity that they had no choice but to wait.

While Gu Qingyao was at home, Gu Yundong asked her to attend only to her own affairs and teach the two children to read and write. She was not to concern herself with anything else.

Zhou Ping did all the chores. She had probably been dealt with so severely by Third Uncle that for the moment, she was very well-behaved and did not make any trouble!

Chapter 377: Is There Any Room For Compromise?

It had been a few days since Mo Beihan left and there had not been any news from him.

This day, Ji Mingyue suddenly looked for her. "Yao Yao!"

Gu Qingyao was teaching the two kids to write at home and hurriedly ushered Ji Mingyue to sit when she saw her.

"Is there any news of Mo Beihan already?"

Gu Qingyao paused for a moment before shaking her head.

A frown appeared on Ji Mingyue's forehead. "What exactly are those two fellows doing? It's... it's been a few days already but there's not a single news from them. Who knows what they're doing."

Gu Qingyao's brows furrowed. "Two? Who else is there apart from Brother Beihan? Your eldest brother?"

Ji Mingyue nodded. "Mhm! Mo Beihan left with my eldest brother. Who knows what they left for. They were so mysterious about it. The Zhang family... is causing trouble for us."

Ads by Revcontent

Gu Qingyao found it a little unbelievable. "So fast? Even if... Zhang Qiang was kicked by Brother Beihan, he did not sustain any injuries. The Ji family has some power and no matter how arrogant the Zhang family is, they wouldn't directly attack the Ji family over such a matter, would they?

Ji Mingyue could not understand why either. "I don't know either. Anyways, the Ji family is in a lot of trouble recently and my second uncle is extremely troubled. If this goes on, the Ji family would not be able to hold on and I'm afraid something bad will happen."

Gu Qingyao was silent. If that was the case, the Gu family probably faced even more troubles.

As they were discussing, the door suddenly opened. Gu Jinlin had returned.

Gu Qingyao was taken aback. "Third Brother, why are you back?"

Gu Jinlin looked extremely worn out – his clothes were drenched and he was covered in dust. It looked like he just returned from harsh labour although his job clearly had very good conditions.

Gu Jinlin changed his shoes and wanted to take a shower but when he saw that Ji Mingyue was present as well, he was a little awkward as an outsider saw such a shabby side of him.

He laughed. "There's nothing much to do so I came back. I'll take a shower first. Don't worry. Nothing happened!"

Ads by Revcontent

Gu Jinlin took his clothes and went into the bathroom. Gu Qingyao saw that the shoes which he just took off were frayed!

Zhou Ping was home as well. She had been worrying during this period of time as she knew that the Zhang family was not to be trifled with from her years of living in the provincial capital.