its alright

you sit at the edge of the cliff. it seemed like a common place for contestants to go when they felt upset, that included you.

you look down at the drop. you wouldnt jump, you dont have the guts, but that doesnt stop the thought from crossing your mind.

you shake your head and look up instead. the sky is empty of clouds and the moon and stars shine beautifully.

you fall to lay on your back and close your eyes. negative thoughts run through your head and you scrunch your face before opening your eyes again and- oh!

"hey, y/n," four says, standing over you. they're leaning over so youre face to face, "whatre you doing out here?"

you grunt, not wanting to say anything. four moves to sit next to you. they stare out at the sky then fall back to lay on the grass the same way you do.

they place their hand on yours and pause, making sure its alright. you intertwine your fingers with theirs and sigh.

you lay like this for hours. four doesnt pressure you to talk and they wait patiently until youre ready.

"um," you say softly, after contemplating whether you should or not for much longer than necessary.

four opens their eyes halfway and hums in response.

"thank you," you say, "i really needed someone to just. be with me."

they smile. "any time, y/n," they turn to sit up on one elbow "do you want to talk about it?"

you hesitate for a moment. youve always trusted four. well- not always. they did try to kill a bunch of objects. but thats not the point, you never trust anyone with talking about how you feel.

four notices the cogs turning in your mind and looks into your eyes.

"hey," they say "you dont have to say anything if youre not comfy"

you sigh and scoot closer to them. you wrap your arms around them and nuzzle their chest.

they hug you tight and relax. the two of you lay there in silence. four kisses the top of your head and you smile, hugging them tighter.

maybe you could talk later, for now all you wanted was to cuddle.