Amelia walked to the school's cafeteria, where she looked for miguel.

She finally found him and went to him.

"hello sophmore," she said smiling
"hello freshie," he said back, "sit down," he said

Amelia nodded and sat down and noticed two other boys.

"hello, i'm Amelia," she said smiling at the two.

"𝗱𝗲𝗺𝗲𝘁𝗿𝗶. This is 𝗲𝗹𝗶. He's a man of few words." says the boy with black hair

Amelia simply nodded. She didn't know how to start a conversation with not one but three boys.

She looked up to a group of girls walking and noticed Sam. Amelia gave her a smile and she got one back.

"woah Sam smiled at you?" Demetri asked

"yeah? she's really nice. why?" Amelia asked, "do you ever talk to them?"

"Oh, yeah, all the time. We hang out after school. Make out, give each other hand jobs. Eli here is the homecoming king." Demetri says looking at Eli, "Gets laid more than anyone. Isn't that right, Eli?"

"so you don't talk to them?" miguel asked him

"Talk to them? You realize what table you're sitting at, right? You've pretty much signed away all hopes of losing your virginity before college. Expect for Amelia here. She's hot." Demetri said

Amelia in shock turned red. No one had ever called her hot before.

Eli looked over at the girl's table, "oh shit, Yasmines looking at us." he said worried. "probably making fun of me."

" i don't think she's making fun of you," miguel says, "I mean, just because they're hot doesn't mean they're mean"

Amelia scoffed at his comment, he obviously never watched mean girls.

"Oh, my God, you guys. You see that guy over there who looks like he went down on a lawnmower? He's literally wearing the ugliest sweater l've ever seen." Amelia heard Yasmine said

"hey eli, i think you're wearing a cute sweater," amelia told him smiling and he gave her a small
smile as well.

"I don't care if Yasmine is the meanest girl at school. L'd kill all three of you just to get her to spit in my face." demetri said ignoring amelia

"you asshole," amelia told him and flipped him off making Demetri gasp.

               🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋🥋
After lunch, miguel and amelia walked together to their classes that they had near to each other.

"thanks for letting me sit with you guys," amelia told miguel

"no problemo kiddo," he said smiling, "also, do you wanna come with me later to this dojo? my sensei is teaching me karate. you should come," he told her

Karate... Amelia hated her. Her father used to teach her when she was smaller and then he left them. She hated those memories she got when she heard that word.

"sure," she told him, "i just have to let my brother know."

She wasn't going to decline his offer, she didn't want to seem like an asshole to him.

"great. i'll meet you by the field then." he says and heads to his class.

looks like no nap today, Amelia thought in her head.

robby bobby👻
hey, don't wait 4 me. i'm going out :)

———-
Amelia didn't mind that he didn't reply, he was probably messing around or in his class already. As long as he knew, she was okay. Plus Robby made her share her location.

Finally the last bell rung and Amelia walked to the field where she agreeed to meet miguel.

"you ready?" miguel asked her and she nodded. The two walked to the dojo together, where they also learned more about each other.

"hey sensei!" miguel said as he walked in, "i brought a friend."

"okay kid. you're going to embarrass yourself with those punches," an old guy said

"i don't really care," amelia told him

The old guy nodded, "yeah whatever. Miguel you're going to start punching the dummy."

Miguel nodded and obeyed him.

The older guy gave him a lesson on where he's supposed to strike and Amelia just looked at the older guy, he looked very similar to her dad who she hadn't seen in years.

A phone started to ring, and the older guy looked at his phone and sighed.

"keep punching" he told miguel and went to the other side of the room.

"he looks a lot like my dad," amelia told miguel
"what?" he asked confused

"nothing forget it," amelia told him and heard what the older guy was saying.

"Hello?"

"Yes.."

"Uh, yeah, l'm his father."

"But you're supposed to call his mom."

"Right, big surprise."

"All right, what did he do this time?"

"Who's Molly? Is that some chick he's hooking up with?"

"All right, put my kid on the phone."

"Robby, what the hell?"

shit, amelia thought in her head.

The older man walked back, "what the hell are you doing miguel." and showed him how to punch again.

"so what's your name?" asked the older guy

"Amelia," she said smiling, "Amelia Keene"

The guy was in full shock. " Amelia?" he asked, "i didn't know you were friends with miguel."

"why would you know? you haven't texted or called since you last left," Amelia scoffed.

Miguel was confused, he didn't know his sensei had a daughter. Mainly, he didn't know it was his new friend.