Ashe's Interview With Cezah The Dream

Hey guys, I have always wanted to interview a lot of talented Nigerian artists which include the gifted upcoming ones. And yes! I had the opportunity to host an exclusive interview with Ayomide Omosebi, Popularly recognized as Cezah, AKA Cezah the Dream.

Cezah is a fast-rising Nigerian artiste who hails from Ondo state, brought up, and lives in Lagos mainland, Nigeria. He has been able to capture the mind of a considerable number of Nigerian music fans, and he is gradually paving his way to stardom.

From our interview, I was able to unveil the actual picture of narratives faced by the average Nigerian upcoming artiste, and their subsequent thrive and rise to stardom.

Cezah is no average artiste, though. He has released series of singles and collaborations that have fetched him a reasonable number of audience and die-hard fans among the stuffy industry.

Despite these little wins, the guy was humble to the core! He came all the way down to make this interview happen and was not late at all.

Enjoy the conversation that ensued in our interview, from start to finish!

Q = where I asked questions. A= where he answered

Interview With Cezah The Dream

Q: Cezah the dream! Good evening. Welcome, I can't begin to express how exciting it is to have you. I suppose that is not your original name. Would love to tell us your full name?

A: My full name Is Ayomide Oghenekaro Omosebi. The "Oghenekaro" is actually my native delta name because my Mom is from delta state

Q: Delta? That seems to be interesting. I'm used to thinking that Delta-born artists are more rappers than singers though (both laughs). Anyway, it's good to have you. Mine is actually Oghenero.

A: That's really cool bro...

Q: Yeah... Bro... Cool bro... Good bro.. ( lots of chuckles). I love the energy already just like in your songs. So I'm really excited to have an interview with you and I'd like you to take us to the grassroots. What first got you into music, Cezah?

A: I got into music in 2014. I actually got my early inspirations from my elder Brother "Dapper" which was also reflected in my new single "No Choice". I would sit with him and we'll write songs together. Later on, I started writing with my classmates Samuel Izoma and Ayoola Emmanuel, I made my first song in late 2014 titled "Christmas time". It's not actually published though, but it was the first song I wrote on my own.

Q: Hmm... Interesting. Interesting. So you write your songs till now?

A: Yeah, everything I spit; I write. I don't really believe in Ghostwriters

Q: (Nods) And, Who inspired you to make music at your early stage? Your elder brother "Dapper"?

A: Yeah, he was the one

Q: That's great. I can imagine the connection as it is a brother-to-brother thing. Cool stuff. So Cezah, I believe every artist has their unique way of passing a message with their music and with their own personal style. This of course is what brings diversity. So How would you describe the music that you typically create?

A: I believe I create music that can be related to modern-day problems. Like, songs that people can actually relate to the exact way they're feeling at the moment. I mean, when I'm not happy, I don't make happy music. When I'm not sad, I don't make sad songs. I write according to my current mood and feelings. What I do is: I put all my feelings, thoughts, excitement, pain, I put them all on a record in a way that people can understand and understand how I feel at the moment