Ruby walks out of Thurmond

Thurmond: It rained the day they brought us to Thurmond, and it rained the day I walked out. Liam and Vida kept a strong grip on me, as we trudged across the dirt and outside. A blurry red figure was running toward us. As it came closer, I could make out its face. No, not it's, his. Cole. He ran to stand right in front me, patting his hand on my cheek. He started to say something, but the entire world blurred out, and my legs gave out under me.

                                                                    -------------------

A/N: I'm gonna do this one in 3rd person, because Ruby is unconscious.

Cole sat at her bedside, while Liam paced about, looking very concerned.

"Lee, calm down, she'll be fine. The doctors said-"

"I don't care what the doctor said, Cole." Lee shouted. "Ruby hasn't woken up for 2 days. She hasn't stirred and her breathing is so shallow. Don't ask me to calm down. I cannot calm down. I cannot. If she dies, then it will be my fault."

He choked and fell to his knees. Cole rushed towards him and held his brother. He hadn't seen Liam like this since Claire died. He patted his brother's back, and said "Lee, nothing will happen to her okay? If something does, then we can murder all the doctors here."

Liam didn't laugh, like Cole wanted him too. "Lee, her heart rate is stable. Give her a few days. She will come back. She won't just leave you like this." I will not let anything happen to her, Cole thought. He had long thought of Ruby as a little sister, like his sweet Claire. He wasn't going to lose her like he lost Claire. That would not happen.

                                                                   -------------------

A/N: Back to Ruby's pov        

The elevator opened and the first thing I saw was a bright pink dress slamming into me. Zu. I hugged her as tightly as I could, and she backed up a bit and started peppering me with questions. I saw Nico, awkwardly hanging back, and I urged him over.

Vida came and gave me a hard punch on my shoulders, which I think I should've read as 'playful'. Then I saw Cole, he looked at me with a grin and snickered at my sorry state. He came over and planted a light kiss on the top of my head and said, "Looks like you're way more banged up than I am."

                                                                    --------------------

We boarded the van, Liam helping me with my cast and stretching to fix my seat belt, using it as an excuse to kiss me again. I smiled at him, and he got into the driver's seat, while the others got into the back. Liam started the engine and gave a cry of joy when an Allman Brother's song poured out. I lowered the window and let my hand fly free in the wind, while my other one gripped Liam's over the centre console.

In the backseat, Chubs took a book and examined it before flipping the cover open and tapping the spine along with the beat. Vida was beside him, and she leaned into him and closed her eyes. Cole was at one side, his mouth open and snoring, one hand curved around Zu, who was sitting on his lap, chattering excitedly about all the signs we passed, and swaying with the beat.