part 29: bloody hell

Start bij het begin

I turned my face up towards his, trying to wipe away my tears as they came. 

"You're my best friend, Icky," I said, trying to smile. "I can't lose you."

He closed his eyes, and pulled me in for a hug. 

He said into my hair, "Viv, I've always loved you. And I always will."

I closed my eyes, leaning into the hug, before pulling away. 

"Friends?" I said, reaching out my hand. 

"Friends," he said, taking it. "He's one lucky bastard. He better know that."

"I'll remind him," I said with a teary smile. 

I heard footsteps coming down the stairs, and saw Cook, clad in boxers and slippers coming down, rubbing his eyes.

"You're awake!" I said, trying to clean my face of tears before he came close enough to notice. 

He glared at Nick as he saw my red face, and said angrily, "What the fuck did you do to her?"

"He didn't do anything," I said. "We talked."

"Yeah, it better have been fucking talking, alright?" Cook said, pointing a finger at Nick.

"Make up, boys," I said rolling my eyes. "Come on. I think if you both got over this stupid thing, you'd be good friends."

They both eyed each warily. 

"Ugh," I said, shoving them both together. "Kiss and make up, or some shit."

They gingerly put their arms around each other, then recoiled. 

"Alright!" I clapped my hands. "Help me clean up this tip of a house, or my dad will actually murder all of us."

♕⋆♕⋆♕

"So, what happened?" Cook asked as we sat by the river, our feet hanging over the water. 

"I told him that I loved him, but I was in love with you," I said, looking at Cook. "I used to be in love with him, a long time ago,  but not anymore. He's not you."

"Ditto, princess," Cook said cheekily.

"Wow, didn't know you cared about Nick like that," I responded jokingly. 

He slipped his arm around my shoulder, and I leaned my head on his shoulder. 

"No one's you, either. I'm in love with you, princess," he said softly. 

"Life's good," I responded. 

"Life's good," he agreed. 

so, this is the second-to-last chapter! i'll try to finish the last one by tomorrow, but don't hold me to that because i'm awful at keeping a schedule. anyways, thank you so much for all your support even though i keep on churning out crap chapters. make sure to vote and comment! 

- fie

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.