Hagrid picked up the girl carefully. I kneeled down to the necklace in front of me. It seems familiar, but I can't for the life of me recall why. I reached out to pick it up.

"Do not touch that, except by the wrappings." Hagrid instructed. "Do you understand?"

I nodded and carefully picked up the edges of the wrapping paper surrounding the necklace. I placed it carefully back into the box and put the lid on it. 

"Take that straight to Professor Mcgonagall."

~

Harry and I stood awkwardly aside one another in front of Mcganagall's large desk as she looks over the necklace. The girl, Leanne, who had been with the possessed girl, Katie, stood in front of us. She looked as if she were going to wet herself.

"You're sure Katie did not have this in her possession when she entered The Three Broomsticks?" Mcganagall asked Katie without looking up from the necklace. 

"It's like I said. She left to go to the loo, and when she came back she had the package. She said it was important that she deliver it." Leanne answered shakily.

"Did she say to whom?"

"To Professor Dumbledore."

To Dumbledore? Why would someone give a necklace to Dumbledore? And through a student? Hey, I'm not going to judge the man for getting in touch with his feminine side.

Mcganagall sighed. "Very well, Leanne. You may go. Thank you."  Leanne didn't hesitate on leaving. She walked straight out the door. Mcganagall turned to Harry and I. "Now, it's become routine that Mr. Potter finds himself in these ordeals, but you, Ms. Nott, I have to say I'm surprised."

"Wrong place, wrong time?" I merely answered with a shrug. 

"Best not to make a habit of it." Mcgangall's eyes shot to something behind us. "Oh, Severus." She greeted. Snape made no attempt to greet her in return. He walked swiftly passed us and straight to the necklace. He lifted it with his wand and examined it over.

A faint shrieking noise left the necklace. "What do you think?" Mcganagall asked like the accessory didn't just scream.

"I'd say it's cursed." I said.

"Quiet, Nott." Snape snapped. He sent me a long glare before turning to Mcgangall. "I think Ms. Bell is lucky to be alive."

"It was cursed, wasn't it?" Harry asked. "I know Katie off the qudditch pitch, she wouldn't hurt a fly. If she was delivering that to Professor Dumbledore, she wasn't doing it knowingly."

"Yes, she was cursed." Snape confirmed.

I narrowed my eyes to get a better look at the necklace. I feel like I've seen it a million times before, yet I can't think of where. Maybe a shop window? No, definitely on someone. I bit down a gasp as I realized where I've seen that necklace so many times before.

It belongs to Narcissa Malfoy.

And in The Three Broomsticks, I could hear Draco talking to someone about a necklace. Draco did it. He cursed the necklace and he gave it to Katie to give to Dumbledore. But if it almost killed Katie, why would he give it to someone? Especially if that someone was Dumbledore?

I think Ms. Bell is very lucky to be alive. My face paled. Draco was trying to kill Dumbledore. That must be what he's been up to lately. The disappearing, odd mood swings, neglecting his school work. He's been trying to figure out how to assassinate our headmaster.

I think I'm going to be sick.

Snape raised an eyebrow at my shocked expression. "Something wrong, Ms. Nott?"