. one .

Krystal POV

...

The tall building beyond the big iron gate was intimidating to say the least. This was way out of my comfort zone, so I have to remind myself that this is a good thing.

 "Well hun, you're all set at home, you just have to unpack in your dorm. You know you can still change your mind and commute everyday." My mother says, just a couple steps behind me.

"You already know my answer to that Mom." 

I keep staring at the building as my father quotes me from earlier, "'Living on campus is good life experience that will help me during college and during my time at Bullworth as it gives me a chance to get used to having a roommate and it'll be easier to make friends,' we know sweetheart, you've explained it a thousand times. Your mother is just letting you know that you can move back home anytime."

I purse my lips and look down. "I know dad," I turn around to face them, "But I'll come home every weekend, I gotta make sure you don't kill Boots." Boots is my little black and white kitty. I'm gonna miss him during the week while at school, but maybe I'll get him certified as an ESA soon.

My dad sets my second suitcase next to my feet.

 "Well, kiddo, you want us to come in with you?" I shake my head no and go to hug them both. 

After the quick embraces my mom mumbles a "See you on Saturday" and they get back in the car to leave.

I turn to face the school again and take a deep breath. It's now or never.

Upon entering the girls dorm I'm ushered to my room by an older lady who did indeed introduce herself to me but I didn't exactly process it. I set my stuff on the bed that seemed to be unclaimed. Judging from the decor on the other side of the room, it seems like I have a sort of punk girl as a roommate. Cool.

While I'm putting away my clothes, a red-haired girl walks in. It seems I was right about the punk roommate thing. 

"Hey, the name's Zoe, what's yours?" She greets me from her side of the room. I turn and smile.

 "Krystal, nice to meet you." 

"Pleasure's all mine Krystal. I should probably let you know that you'll likely have this room to yourself most nights, I'll probably be with my boyfriend a lot." I sit down and take in the information.

"I take it that spending the night in the boys dorm isn't exactly allowed, so I should cover for you when you're not here?" She grins. 

"That would be very cool of you if you did."I nod. She also sits on her bed.

 "So, where you from? You don't seem like a Bullworth native." Zoe asks me. 

"Well I'm not, I'm from southern California actually." I answer, she hums a little as a response. 

"Yeah, I could practically smell the L.A. on you." I laugh a little through my nose. 

"Sorry, must be all the smog." At that, she chuckles a little.

"We have plenty of that here too, I'm sure you'll feel right at home." I smile and let the conversation fade to silence.

 A few minutes later Zoe picks it up again, "Hey, you wanna come to a party with me and a couple others later? It's at this rich kid's house, Derby, he's got like everything under the sun in his mansion. Good booze too."