Day 1: the start of our journey

(Y/n)s pov:

I looked around the palace doors for any sign of Desna and Eska. Maybe if I was lucky they got tired of waiting around and left without me. "Miss (l/n)" the familiar voice of prince Desna spoke as I turned around.

"God fucking damn it" I groaned softly, dragging my hand down my face in annoyance,  stared at him in distain.

"You should learn to be on time" Desna commented walking ahead of me, towards the port. I followed reluctantly.

"Yeah well you should learn how to shut your mouth" I grumbled clearly pissed off but too lazy to think of a smart comeback.

"Another area you should study" he said glaring at me, i grumbled stopping myself from causing a scene.

"This little bitch" I mumbled, my eye twitching. A large canoe was waiting for us at the port, it carried multiple baskets of what smelled like fish and cured meats, most likely gifts for who ever we were seeing in Zaofu.

"Prince Desna and ah who are you?" a handsome man, that I assumed was one of workers of the ship asked. He had tan skin and curled black hair, he looked like he came straight out of a Nutuk mover! He even looked like he had a more stocky earth kingdom build like Nutuk.

"My personal guard-" Desna started before I cut him off. "The prince's personal body guard, who are you" I asked with a wink, I was a notorious flirt as well as a few notorious other things according to the village elders. Scandalous was a word I that was used more than not.

His cheeks went a dark pink. "Oh haha well my name is Amka" he replied with happy smile.

Desna pov:

(Y/n) barged in front of me and linked arms with the boy that called himself Amka. "Oi princy, me and Amka will go in and get to know each other and you um can talk with the captain or what ever, prince stuff?" she said shooing me off. Was this girl serious?

I glared at her in disgust, she glared back with a passive aggressive smile.

"Go and no funny business" I said walking away. I knew she would disobey me anyway but it was at least worth an attempt. The captain of the canoe walked up to me and started talking, his voice slowly drowned out as I started thinking about my childish companion.

Who did that girl think she was? She clearly knows my importance and power over her yet she deliberately disobeyed me. I'd be glad to be over and done with these 2 weeks.

I started to think about being around her longer. She probably has a thing for muscles considering she practically jumped on that Amka... I shouldn't have even let her go; she's here to protect me not to canoodle and act out a romance mover.

"And that's the thought behind the route to Zaofu, it should take only 3 days" the captain finished pointing at a drawing on a map, I nodded blankly trying to pretend I knew what he was talking about and was actively listening.

"Very well, could you please show me my room, I am tired and wish to settle in" I said avoiding him asking for feedback, he grinned and nodded.

"Ah very well, I'll get my son Amka to fetch your guard as well and show both of you to your rooms" the old captain said making signs at other members of the crew, I nodded with a sigh.

"I'm sure Amka knows her room very well" I mumbled softly. I heard another man shout out Amka's name, he ran out, his face was red, he had lipgloss marks on his cheeks and the side of his lips and his parka was ruffled and sitting crookedly, as if he had just thrown it back on.

And so the killer strikes.

I followed the man taking no notice of where we were actually going. "Ok here we are, this your room and your uh guard is the next room on the left" he said side eyeing (y/n)s room, I glared at the sailor, he didn't have to practically drool over her in front of me,

He started walking away, somewhat dejectedly. "Oi girl" I growled slightly, knocking on her door.

"Amka being more confident- oh it's just you, what do you want" (y/n) said opening the door, her grin disappearing as she saw me. "First of all I said no funny business and second of all we'll be arriving in Zaofu in 3 days" I said looking anywhere but her unbuttoned shirt.

"Okay okay I won't do anything more, at least not with Amka" she said shrugging with a smirk, she was manipulative; from the way she bit her lip, to how she shrugged her shirt off her shoulder slowly. No wonder men fell to her feet.

"None at all" I said, my eye twitching. This girl was gonna be a pain.

"Not even with you" she said winking, I could feel my face getting hot, her total disregard for professionalism was both disgusting and slightly exciting?

"W-What do you mean" I stuttered only slightly loosing my composure, or at least that's what I told myself. She started laughing and slumped over, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Don't worry princy, I have plenty of other options" she said rolling her eyes and wiping a tear from her eye.

Did she just reject me?

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked with a frown, crossing my arms. I had the right to consider myself desirable, water tribe nobility, decent looks and talent in bending.

"It means your a little too mmmm stuck up for me" she said with a smirk, I gasped at her blunt insults. She was far from perfect herself.

"Well maybe YOUR a little too mmmm childish for me" I said with a offended expression, she laughed in annoyance.

"Well maybe YOUR a little too boring for me" she growled with a scowl, leaning in slightly, I laughed in a sort of disbelief. This women was vile and so utterly uncouth.

"WELL MAYBE YOUR A LITTLE TOO SKANKY FOR ME" I yelled softy scowling and leaning in a little more, her face contorted in annoyance.

"WELL MAYBE YOUR TOO HELPLESS FOR ME" she yelled with less tact. By now our foreheads were touching, both of our faces were red with anger and we were grabbing each other's shirts.

This was gonna be a horrible two weeks.