“Caleb, be sweet to your brother!” His mother says, but humor lines her face as her eyes shine brightly. Caleb turns to me and rolls his eyes, and I can’t help but smile widely. Caleb stops his dramatic eye roll, and gazes at me with wide eyes. Growing uncomfortable under his stare I squirm and turn back to my food.  When we finish we both brush our teeth than, grab our bags, exiting the house as Caleb shouts a goodbye to his parents.

“Hello darling!” He says, at first I think he’s referring to me so I get ready to attack him, but then he leans over and kisses the hood of his car, running his hand over its blue exterior. “How did you sleep last night Li’l blue, well I hope?  We have a long day ahead of us.” Then he opens his door and slides into his car. Following I slunk into the passenger seat.

“You named your car?”

Caleb turns to look at me as if I’m stupid, “Of course, Li’l Blue is too amazing to not be named,” He turns to glare at me from the corner of his eyes as he pulls out of the driveway. “Why you got something to say?” Shaking my head I hold back a smirk, and stare ahead as we shoot off down the road.

We sit in silence for a few blocks until Caleb decides to say something, “I’ve never seen you smile like that before,” I stare at his profile for a second in confusion for a matter of seconds before I understand what he’s talking about.

“Oh.”

He turns to look at me for a brief second before turning to look away. “You should smile more often, it makes you look cuter.” This time a turn to look at him, not letting my eyes look away for even a second. “Oh?” He just drives for a second before he realizes that I’m looking at him, then he seems to realize what he says and slips into embarrassed kitten mode.

“I-I mean-you just look better, I didn’t-like-have some hidden meaning-just,” He pauses shutting his eyes in frustration, “Whatever, just shut the hell up!” He growls and I chuckle, he turns to look at me upon hearing the sound, and stares for a second before shifting in his seat, and focusing back on the road, as we pull into the high school parking lot.

Routinely Sadie meets us at Caleb’s locker, I slouch against the neighboring metal door, which was previously dented by a raging Caleb, as Sadie opens her mouth to talk, “So…party….tonight…..at Danny’s?” she wiggles her eyebrows. Why does she do that? It doesn’t make her look cute, or sexy, or anything quite frankly, it just annoys me every time she does it.

Caleb doesn’t even turn to look at her, continuing to put books into his bag, “I don’t think that’s a great idea.” Sadie pouts after hearing this, her pink lips forming a frown.

“Why?”

Caleb rolls his eyes at his locker before swinging around and slamming it shut, “Number one, because you’re going to probably be making out with Chad somewhere, and I’ll be all alone-”

Sadie holds up her hand pointing at me, “Jason will be with you.” She says pointedly, my eyebrows rise in surprise at being nominated as Caleb’s butt buddy for the night. Then go back down as I realize that it had been inevitable from the start. Caleb turns to look up at me, and I just stare back at him, he shrugs turning away, “And number two, there will most likely be alcohol.”

“So?”

“So do you remember the last time I drank alcohol?” Caleb asks blushing. Sadie things for a moment, then a light goes on in her head, “oh yeah that was the best night ever, do you remember the couple that came to have the midnight picnic, but  you chased them back to their car completely  naked!” She bursts into a fit of giggles. Caleb looks at her in horror, and I actually laugh out loud. Caleb hits me in the stomach. “Don’t encourage her!”