chapter two.

I sat there in tears wondering what might happen too me. Thats all I remember. Now I sat up and looked around. I wasn't in my room. I hadn't been back in my room for a year. I sighed and got out of bed. I was in Canada.
      I made my way out of my room and downstairs. This older lady that I had been staying with was at the table reading the morning paper. She asked me to get the eggs from the hen house. I went outside and got them "would you like me to make breakfast today ma'am?" I asked. Mother had taught me to call everyone either sir or ma'am.
    She smiled "that would be lovely dear" she said softly. I smiled, her voice was soft and calm. I felt safe around her. "After breakfast I have a letter that came in the mail for you." The lady said. I smiled brightly, I had been writing my friends and family that are back at home. They would send me letters almost everyday. "yes Ma'am," I said.
     I fixed breakfast and fixed her coffee. She thanked me and we both ate breakfast and I had a glass of milk. After breakfast I got to get my letter. It was from my parents! Atleast that is what I thought. It had their address, and their names. When I opened it thought, it wasn't from them at all. The letter read;
       'Dear Lucy, I apologize for having to give you this news over post but I believe you have the right to know. Your Father died in a bombing last week and your mother is in the hospital in critical condition. We would like to offer you a chance to come see your mother and attend your father's funeral. Please right back as soon as possible. Thank you and once again I apologize for this news.'
     I immediately broke down in tears and rushed up to my room. After I calmed down I wrote back. I accepted the invitation, I didn't want to loose my mother and I would like to see father. I want to see him one more time. I broke down while writing.
      'Thank you for informing me of this. I apologize for your troubles, it must have been hard for you to deliver this information. I would like to accept your invitation to come back to London.'
    I put it in an envelope and mailed it. After afew days I went back to England, let's just say the trip did not go as planned. I went and stayed with mom for a while. We played card games and talked. She was doing very good, the doctor said me being there really did help.
     I felt a sense of pride knowing that I helped my mother. The doctors said she could leave the hospital in time for fathers funeral and we were both very happy about that. The only issue was that we never made it to Father's funeral. I did get to see father again though.