Stay ( Part 2 )

You weren't entirely sure what drew you near him. He was a stranger after all. Perhaps it was curiosity for a creature you had never seen before. Perhaps it was your way of correcting a wrong. Or perhaps...

A tormented soul felt a connection.

The long-legged dude seemed to have calmed down. Before, it looked as though his...fuse, or whatever that string on his head might be was lit up. It was extinguished now. His head looked like a bomb, but he wouldn't actually explode...right?

The tissue you gave him was now jet black, but he face was clean enough now at least. He threw away his tissue in the nearby dumpster, or what was left of it anyway. He walked back over to you, clearly glaring, but it wasn't the same one he gave those other two. He wanted to say something, but it was as if he couldn't find the right thing to say. You decided to speak first.

"Hey, I saw what happened back there, and I know you want me to leave but..."

Now you were having trouble with words.

"You stalkin' me or something?" He said sternly.

I mean...were you? Yeah, that's a pretty valid question. Some random person sees you tear into some jerks while simultaneously having a breakdown and your first instinct is to console them? Pretty suspicious honestly.

"N-no I just..." You stammered. You didn't really have a good response. Plus, you were afraid to anger him again.

"I'll leave now. I just thought you needed a friend is all." His expression turned from suspicion to...surprise? You decided to leave, not wanting to cause anymore trouble. You were prone to that after all.

"Wait." His voice stopped you in your tracks. Shit. This was it. You could hear his heavy steps behind you. You were too afraid to turn around. You knew what was coming.

"I'm Whitty. And...thanks."

Oh. That was unexpected. You turned around to see him, and his expression was calm now. He wasn't smiling, but he wasn't glaring at you anymore either. He was just looking at you. Just being.

Damn. He's pretty cute...You thought.

Wait, what?

You couldn't help but blush a little. It was obvious, no - a given that no one could hear your internal thoughts...but you always feared someone was listening. You were hoping this guy didn't have any mind reading powers.

"Oh uh, yeah. No problem. I'm y/n."

Your phone made a beeping noise. Oh crap. The competition! Earlier you set an alarm on it so you wouldn't forget.

"Hey...Whitty, was it? I gotta go now but I'll be at the hotel Cicero later if you..."

Wait, what were you doing? Asking a complete stranger to hang out with you? In your hotel room, with a spare bed??

"...If you...want to hang out..."

Whitty had a confused look on his face. Of course, why wouldn't he? You took this as a chance to wave goodbye and be on your way. Well that was awkward...

Time skip*

As you expected the competition wasn't that hard. It worked off of a tier system, and whoever beat the losers on the bottom got to go up a second tier to battle the next, and so on and so forth. You hoped next time would be a little more engaging.

As you were making your way back to your hotel, you saw a tall hooded figure leaning on the side of the building with one leg on the wall and the other on the ground. He had his head down. A orange glint shot up at you.