𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Start from the beginning

My love,

I have no way of saying this without sound like a broken record, but I miss you. I will see you again soon, I know it. This battle will be brief, but devastating, unfortunately. I don't know what they have told you, but the information they are trying to brainwash me with here is dastardly. It's nothing short of terrifying.

I have made arrangements for us after all is said and done. Say you'll run away with me. I would be satisfied for the rest of my life if it was only you and I for a while.

You're all I need.

I'm looking forward to seeing your face again soon, darling. I just had to write to see how you were. If you were hurt, or worse, I wouldn't be able to go on.

I love you most ardently. See what I did there?

Yours always,

Darcy

My heart was full of different emotions, I had no idea how to feel after reading the letter.

Run away?

Of course I wanted to, but what about my family? I had just reconnected with them, it wouldn't feel right to just leave.

And what about Harry? He and I were related, whether we liked it or not, so how could I abandon him as well when so many people in his life were already gone?

Being with Draco seemed more important than anything, but when I broke everything down, I couldn't help but feel guilty.

"What's it say?" Hermione asked, having seen my face change drastically within five minutes while I read the letter to "Elizabeth".

I unfolded the parchment in my hands, clearin my throat before reading it to her.

As she listened to the letters contents, she was just as I was. Her emotions ranged, that much was obvious.

I explained the Elizabeth and Darcy thing to her, after which she nearly melted, she said.

"You two really are in love, aren't you?" She asked, and I nodded.

"What are you going to do?" She asked, but I had no answer for her. "I wish I knew. I don't know how this war will end, but I know that it Voldemort remains, I'm still in danger," I said.

"But if he perishes?"

"I... I don't know. I really don't know. I cant leave my family, can I? I can't leave Harry. I don't want to leave you guys, either," I said.

"Don't worry about us. We'll always find a way to be with you eventually. Worry about what matters most to you in life, whatever that may be. Do what is going to make you happy. Merlin knows you deserve a little happiness," She said.

I smiled at her, pulling her into a hug before a small knock came at our bedroom door. I looked at it and walked over, curious as to who it may be.

When I opened the door to reveal Fred standing there in his pajamas, I was more than confused.

"Can I talk to you for a moment, Maggie?" He asked, and I nodded. I looked back at Hermione momentarily before she shooed me out of the room.

Shutting the door behind us, I looked at Fred, waiting for an explanation.

"I'm sorry," He said.

"What for?" I asked, although I knew damn well what he was talking about.

"For everything I've said to you in the past. I was being childish. I... I heard what he said to you in that letter. I'm sorry for snooping, but I came to talk to you anyway and just overheard it all," He said.

I wasn't sure how to react, but he seemed very sincere. "Fred, I was scared I'd lose you as a friend forever," I told him.

"I know. I'm so sorry," He said.

"I'll see you in the morning. I need time to think about this," I admitted.

"That's alright," He said.

"Goodnight," I said, going back to my room and shutting the door behind me. Letting a deep breath out, I walked to my bed, flipping down on it.

"Goodnight, Hermione," I said, and she said it back, not questioning the Fred thing.

Thank god. 

This story is coming to an end, unfortunately! I think I'm going to end it at 70 chapters, but I may do a bonus chapter or two, idk. Xoxo! You guys are the best.