Grow Old With Me- A Wandavision Story

"I can feel you breathing, with your hair on my skin, as we lie here within the night. I'll pull the sheets, when it's cold on your feet, cuz you'll fall back asleep every time,"

Vision watched as Wanda's chest rose and fell. He lay still, cautious that any movement may wake her, and she looked so peaceful lying there in the dark. She sighed a little, rolling over and pulling the duvet tighter under her chin, and Vision tried not to laugh. He couldn't feel cold, he didn't need the duvet, but it was typical that she'd take it all. He didn't mind. If his love was warm, he was warm too. And that was all that mattered.

"And our hands, they might age, and our bodies will change, but we'll still be the same as we are. We'll sing our song, when our hair ain't so blonde, and our children have sung, we were right,"

"Vision, is this really happening?" Wanda placed her hands on her belly. Some small part in the back of her mind knew this wasn't real, that she'd made this herself, but she didn't care. Vision didn't know. Vision thought it was real. And if he could believe it, she could too.
"Yes, darling," Vision pulled her close and rested his forehead on hers. Even without looking she could feel his smile.
"We did this. We made this," Vision pulled her in for a kiss.
"We did. And I love them so much already," Wanda guided his hands to the small bump.
"We're going to be parents, Vis. Can you believe it?"
"There's no one else I would want to raise this child with, Wanda. I love you so much,"

"And the hairs they stand up, and my feet start to thump, yeah the feeling is dreaming around,"

"What is outside of Westview, Wanda?" Vision felt an emotion he had never felt before. He felt scared. His feet were off the floor and if he had one, his heart would have been racing. He'd never seen any children, had barely seen any people, and Agatha was making him feel unnerved. He could feel the hurt radiating off of Wanda in waves. He wanted to say more, to ask more, but then the doorbell was ringing, and there was Pietro, and how was Wanda's brother here?

Later that night, Vision had tried to ask. But then an odd, lucid dreaming sort of feeling had washed over him and suddenly he was in bed, Wanda laying silently beside him and staring at the ceiling. She didn't look peaceful anymore. She looked as though she was losing her grip on reality. She looked scared. And Vision didn't know how to help her.

"You'll be the one, make me hurt, make me come, make me feel like I'm real and alive,"

"Where are the children?"
"In their bedroom!" Wanda yelled, feeling the power build inside of her, "Let's do this,"
She soared upwards and poured everything she could into Agatha Harkness. The woman who called Wanda a witch, said she had chaos magic. And then Agatha was gone, and it was over. She had control again. And she knew she had to finish what she'd started.

"Grow old with me, let us share what we see, and oh the best it could be, just you and I,"

"Your mother and I are so proud of you," Vision kissed his son on the head for what he knew would be the last time. It broke his heart, but he knew it was right. Wanda had to do this.

"I have to know, what am I?" He wanted to be at peace when he was laid to rest, he wanted to be free.
"You are the piece of the mind stone that lives in me," Wanda held him close, "you are a body of wires and blood and bone that I created," Vision watched the world collapse around him, "you are my sadness, and my hope, but mostly, you're my love," he looked at her, drawing in every inch of her face for the last time.
"So long darling,".

He thought it would happen quickly, but it didn't. It was warm and hopeful and devastating and love. He let himself feel it, immerse himself in the power, and then he was no more.

"Grow old with me, let us share what we see, and oh the best it could be, just you and I,"

Wanda stared at the map she held in her hands. The last piece of her love that she had left.
'To grow old in- V'. And they had. For a little while. The power churned in her chest, and she tried so hard to hold it in. There would be no more incidents like Westview. She knew there couldn't be.
"My love," she knelt down and scooped a hole in the earth beneath her, then placed the map into it and buried it again. "To grow old in," she kissed her fingertips and pressed it to the dirt, "we will. One day, we will."
And then she turned, and she left.