"You're just prolonging the inevitable," retorted Sero while he made his way up the warehouse on your heels.

"Prove it!"

With every climb, Sero was one step behind while he kept an eye on your fleeting form scurrying higher into the warehouse's infrastructure. Meanwhile, your Quirk was taking its toll on you. Every muscle in your body screamed for rest, to stop, to revive yourself, replenish your energy.

God, you were starving.

Your breath grew heavier, almost panting and heaving while the sinews in your muscles burned. Regenerating any light was becoming a chore, as it fizzled out in the palm of your hand. Sero's approach brought your attention to a string of tape in your sights before you rolled into a small crevice, underneath a pile of junk, hiding away in the dark.

"Look," started Sero as his feet found their way on the small broken landing. "Whatever this is, we can talk it out. Have a few laughs? You're not the same, and it kinda hurts."

Despite your exhaustion, you rolled your eyes at the tone of his voice. He was starting to sound a little like you. You didn't know whether to be impressed, flattered, or annoyed given your situation.

"The past week has been weird," he admitted while he strolled on the floor, scanning the environment. "Whatever happened to going big? All of the reports have been theft from homes, small offices, and now this lady."

The more he talked to nothing but air, the sooner you realized what he was describing. It was true that you had been fairly busy collecting a few tidbits of information here and there, but for him to describe it the way he did, it did sound petty. This felt like a tactic, persuasion, coercion, with a hint of flattery somehow, but it also sounded like he had been paying very close attention to-

"You know, I actually thought highly of you for a while," he continued while the crunch of his shoes echoed around the empty warehouse. "Even as a thief, I thought you had integrity, but now, I'm not so sure, Sticky Fingers."

You inwardly sighed. He could've at least thought of better names, you thought. You were starting to get used to being his Darling. Besides, that kind of name is more suited towards you, you thought until his boots came into view. You stilled, almost holding your breath while Sero looked around.

"At least answer this one question for me," he asked. "What does this have to do with UA?"

Your eyes widened at the mention of the school from his lips. Your heart quickened and the rush of blood headed straight for your ears, anxious of what else he knew. Silence was all Sero was met with. Not a sound, not a peep. He sighed, slightly defeated and disappointed.

"I keep seeing the connection everywhere - a past teacher's home, recent news reports on the academy. You know, I even recognized Recovery Girl before you ran off with whatever you took from her person."

Of course, you recalled Sero's academic background was from the prestigious academy, along with most of the current Pro-Heroes on the scene. It just made things a little more complicated, and unfortunately, a little personal. You sighed through your nose, contemplating your choices, before Sero continued moving ahead, leaving you in your little foxhole.

"Come on," he reassured. "Just talk to me."

Sero looked around until the sound of scuffling caught his ear, turning around with a swing of his elbows and shooting tape towards a bright light behind him. The light dispersed as his tape cleanly and swiftly wrapped around whatever materialized from its fractals, meeting with a large pipe that crashed on the floor.

His eyes widened upon realizing his mistake before another ball of light appeared behind him, dispersing to reveal you in mid-air, grappling his arms from underneath and holding him.