10.| ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴋᴇᴇᴘꜱ ᴋɴᴏᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ᴅᴏᴏʀ [2]

Depuis le début

"What was causing it earlier today?" Alexa's brows furrow. "I knew that you'd never hurt me, but that didn't mean you didn't scare me sometimes. My point is, you had a lot of work that you needed to do on yourself, and you still do, werewolf or not. And I forgive you. You deserve to be happy, Malik. So stop beating yourself up, or I'll come back from the dead again and beat your ass." she smirks, placing a small kiss on his cheek. "At the end of the day... you'll always be my best friend. You are forgiven. And I love you."

Malik chuckles, slightly frowning. "W-were you at peace?"

Alexa slightly nods, she glances at him. "Yeah... I think I was."

"Good..." Malik stands to his feet. "Do you want to walk around?"

"Yeah... just give me a few minutes." Alexa looks into the lake. "I just want a few minutes alone... if that's okay with you?"

Malik smiles. "Of course... I'll see you later?"

"Yeah... goodbye Malik..."

The hybrid boy takes one more look at Alexa before he walks away from the field. On his way back to the school he couldn't help but think about everything that went down the night Alexa died. He hated that he got a good outcome as a result of killing her. He hated how she was dead before of him.

Malik was brought back to reality when he felt a body collide with his. He looks down and sees Hope who had teary eyes. "Hey... hey wh-what's wrong? What happened?"

Hope breathes in heavily, shuddering. "I- it was just a very... long day." she chuckles a bit in between sobs.

"Yeah... trust me I know." Malik leads her to the couch, he sits her down. "Tell me... what happened."

And so Hope explained all that went down. From the Necromancer to his mind games and all that talk about her dead relatives. Mostly they talk about her father.

Hope then glances at him with sad eyes. "Why didn't you tell me about her...? D-did you— do you not trust me?"

Malik shakes his head, sighing. "It's not that at all, Hope. I just— didn't trust myself. I hated speaking about what I did."

"What did you do?"

Malik glances at her. Her question was pure. She wanted to know what had gotten her best friend so worked up.

"Alexa... she was my was my best friend," Malik explains to her. "Back then my anger issues and alcoholism would get the best of me— I'd lash out. Alexa was with Connor and I was jealous... so the ride back home I started yelling— I wasn't paying attention to the road. I took an unnecessary sharp turn and drove us right off the bridge. Killing her... Caroline found me and took me in."

"When— when was this?"

"Around the same time, Hayley died..."

Hope chuckles in disbelief. "Malik, why didn't you tell me about this?"

"You were dealing with too much..."

"That doesn't mean anything," Hope argues. "You lost someone too. Yet somehow you managed to comfort me... I feel like a bitch for not noticing that something was wrong."

Malik shakes his head. "Hope, no. There's no reason to blame this on yourself. You didn't know. I did a good job hiding both my love from each other... okay? It's on me. Not you."

"Well... are you okay?"

"Yeah... are you?"

"Yeah..."

The hybrid smiles at her they hear bells ringing meaning it was time for the remembrance day celebration.

"Are you coming?"

Malik nods. "Yeah... give me a sec?"

"Alright."

With that, Hope walks out of the room. Once she was gone Malik wanders around the school. He gets to the kitchen where the same bottle from before had been sitting. Malik looks at the bottle and hops onto the counter. Knowing what he was about to do was the beginning of his downfall.

And just like before...

Malik brings the bottle to his lips again, taking another sip from the bottle.