─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

back in the supermarket, el was searching for dustin and slater, she had blood running down her nostril and an american flag styled bandana around her eyes.

tilly was munching on aunt jemima's frozen pancakes as lucas clutched his new coke in his hands. the dark-skin boy pulled the metal can's tab and it opened, making a loud fizzing noise.

"quiet." max hissed.

"oh, sorry." lucas apologised before taking a large sip and passing it to tilly.

mike grimaced as she downed it, "how do you two even drink that?"

"because it's delicious," lucas told him.

"what?" max and mike asked in disbelief.

"it's like carpenter's 'the thing'. the original is a classic, no question about it." lucas referenced as he took the cab back, "but the remake-" he took a sip and sighed in satisfaction, "sweeter, bolder... better."

"you're insane." mike shook his head.

"so, you prefer the original thing?" lucas investigated.

"what?" mike rolled his eyes, "no, i'm not talking about the thing, i'm talking about new coke."

"it's the same concept, dude," lucas told him.

"uh, actually, it's not the same concept."

"it is the same concept."

"no, it's not."

"yes, it is," lucas yelled.

"it's just coke! it all tastes the same." tilly groaned, "and i only drank it cause i was thirsty."

eleven yanked the material off her face, "hey..."

"sorry."

"sorry." mike apologised, "did you... find him?"

"the mall." el told him as will helped tilly to her feet.

"starcourt?" max asked.

"movies." el nodded.

"the movies?" lucas asked as he pushed the cart full of fireworks, "they're so freaked out about the gate, they decide to go watch a movie? yeah, makes total sense."

"you're positive dustin said gate and not great?" max questioned.

"yeah. like, this movie i'm watching is great." mike suggested.

"it sounded like gate," tilly shrugged, "plus, dustin and slate wouldn't say it's a code red for a great movie."

"exactly, and it would explain how the mind flayer's still alive." will added.

"yeah, we just have to shut it again." nancy said.

"then the monster dies." will finished.

"but if not, we always have lucas' fireworks." max ridiculed him as she helped move the trolley through the door.

"keep mocking my plan, max." lucas glared at her, "keep mocking it. i wanna hear you say it again, because you keep doubting me. you keep doubting me!"

"ridiculous."

"mike?"

"we're gonna prove 'em wrong, right?" mike asked him.

"you know, i think it's pretty cool." tilly spoke up.

"thank you!" lucas grinned, "someone appreciates my brains."

"nerd." she muttered as will and max carried her into a seat.