Chapter 2: New History

"POMPEII!"
"Ummm, what are the people wearing and why is there a giant sign that says 'Pompeii? Questioned Zara. "Guys, we're really in Pompaii aren't we?"
"Maybe we are Zara but what if that portal thing sent us to the time when the volcano actully erupted!" Said Lilly shaking.
"Ooor it sent us to an alternate universe when it never erupted and it's still here in our time! That would be awesome!" Zara said as if she were some crazy mad scientist.
"Keep dreaming Z. Nice to know you still have a wild imagination." Sighed Zaynab.
"Well we still need to ask people if this is actully Pompeii cause after the 'falling from the sky' incident, I belive anything is possible now."
"Good idea Zaynab, umm, let's ask that lady over there." Agreed Lyra.
They approached the lady anxiously with butterflies in their stomach's. "Excuse me, can you please tell us if we are in Pompeii, the real Pompeii?" Asked Lilly.
"Good afternoon girls, if you dont mind me asking are you new here?"
"Yes!" They all said quickly. "We are new here!"
"Well it is Pompeii. It's a wonderful little village and I hope you enjoy your little visit here."
"Atleast we know that this IS Pompeii and it's not a silly prank, I mean they can't get an old lady to participate in this 'prank' right?" Said Lilly.
Since we are here, we should explore, we will know EVERYTHING about Pompeii when we go back to school, missing the rest of the school day wouldn't hurt but we would have to be careful because we still dont know what time of Pompeii this is, it could be the era of when Mount Vesuvius erupted!" Blurted out Zara.
"Good idea?"
After a few hours of wondering around, they got very exhausted so they decided to look for a place to stay without bothering anyone. After a while they found a place to stay, it wasnt the best but it was something however it did have to mean that they would be homeless after all they didnt know anyone there so it's hard to trust them. They all cuddled together under a tiny shop. They had a few hours of rest when suddenly the ground started shaking and the four girls were awoken by the mysterious Earth trembles. There was ash racing down to the ground. All of a sudden, everyone started evacuating their homes with a cloth around their faces and rushing out of the small village. The Earth rumbled like a giants angry tummy. "What was that? Ummm, are you girls thinking what I'm thinking?" Asked Zara.
"Stop talking and run, and yes we are all probably thinking about how we are experiencing a volcanic eruption many years back from our time, on and did I mention we're gonna DIE! Everyone cover your nose and mouth!" Wailed Lyra.
As everyone ran out of the village a building had collapsed at the main exit due to the Earth trembles blocking the entrance.
"AAHHH" "SERIOUSLY?"
"HOW ARE WE GOING TO GET OUT NOW?" Hollered Zaynab.
"I dont want to die, I'm too young! Forget about you three, I need to get out so I can see my mummy!" Cried Zara.
"Well dont give up, we have to help these people, I mean look at how many innocent people there are just waiting to give up on life and all existence! We could be the unknown heroes and there is no lava bursting out yet!" Explained Lilly.
"Not YET there isn't." Zaynab whispered. "Remember this isn't some fantasy fairytale, we could actully die and we wont live 'happily ever after'."
"Well I do want to help these people so maybe if we ever get back home, history will be different and happier for Pompeii, I know we are all scared but we are doing a good deed so we should be fine. Zaynab, if we sacrifice all these people for ourself, we would live with guilt following us around forever." Lyra said.
"Yeah I guess so." She muttered.
"Come on guys let's look around umm...OH! I can see some boat over there." Zara said pointing at the river. "We should try and get all the people on the boats so we can all sail away to HAWAII!"
"That was surprisingly the smartest thing you've ever said except for the last part." Said Lilly.
"Excuse me everyone, if you want to evacuate the town then please listen carefully, everyone needs to calmly go over to the river where the boats are and please let the elderly and the children go first. We can go last to make sure we have everyone. Please trust us." Said Zaynab.
Everyone kept on muttering about how nice these mystery girls were.
"I LOVE BEING NOTICED!"
"Zara shhh!"
They all chattered and rushed to the boats. The four girls rapidly gave everyone positions on where to stand or sit so no one would be taking up any unnecessary space. The people were so terrified, they started rowing forgetting about the children who saved them. They were left all alone with a erupting volcano. Instantaneously, the volcano started shooting out large boulders that flew across the sky. The impact of the boulders hitting the ground was so hard that it sent the girls flying like a shooting star and into the sky-blue river. Almost immediately, the poor girls were drowning and unfortunately they couldn't float back to the top since the was so much pressure from the boulders hitting the water. Soon they weren't able to hold their breath for any longer and were sinking to the bottom of the sea...

I hope you like my part 2. Sorry I haven't written In a while. It's because of school and work can't wait for part 3. I hope you feel the same way!