ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Eleven

Start from the beginning

I like to believe nothing happened.

Maybe I should start up a conversation. Hopefully, that'll stop the tension between us.

"So, did Tyler tell you about his sister's Quince? It's next month. Short noticed but they're going to keep it small. You know, between friends and family? He invited us," I looked up at him from my book and when he just nods, doesn't even look at me, I know then it didn't work.

I sighed grabbing my laptop trying to distract myself.

This fucking sucks.

Can someone just grab the gun and shoot me, please?

I stared down at my laptop wondering what the hell is going on between us.

Is he seriously going to ignore me like this? Forever?

My dad ends up coming inside the bedroom which I almost yell a thank you at him for.

"You kids coming down to eat? I got some Thai take-out," Dad said looking between Mauricio and me.

I shake my head, "I'm going to Mark's in a bit. They invited me to have dinner with them." Dad nods his head and looks over at Mauricio.

Mauricio closes his laptop and shakes his head, "Thank you, Mr. Hernandez, but I should get going," He gathers his things and Dad moves aside so he can pass.

Mauricio stops in front of the door, looking over his shoulder. His brown eyes meet mine for the first time in a week and it sends a shiver down my spine.

It's been a while since I've seen those eyes of his. If only it would've lasted a bit longer.

"Myers," He said before walking out of the bedroom.

Dad and I didn't say anything to each other until we heard the front door closed.

"What's going on with Mauricio?" Dad asks.

I shrugged and started to gather my stuff. Mark will be here any minute now.

"I have no idea. He's been acting weirdly different ever since the charity event," I put my books into my bag and made sure they're all accounted for.

"Maybe it has to do with the fact how you two were singing on that stage together," He teases me while wiggling his eyebrows.

I sighed looking at him, "Was it that obvious?" He nods his head saying, "It was more obvious than the flush you have right now."

I playfully rolled my eyes and said, "Whatever happened on that stage was nothing. Mauricio and I were just singing."

Dad is about to say something when we hear Mark honk outside.

"That's my ride."

He hugs me, kissing my forehead.

"Stay safe and come home before midnight."

I nodded my head once he let me go and made my way past him. On my way downstairs I told everyone goodbye and quickly went outside to Mark's car.