01|

Open!

Turning on the pink illuminating sign from inside your store you smiled at the banner hung over your counter top.

ADDICT'S GRAND OPENING! EVERYTHING'S FIFTY PERCENT OFF!

Sweets so addicting, they should be illegal.

The calming slow rush of your ever flowing fountain stood to the side of the store. It was a figure of a pink transparent crystal dolphin, it was letting the water flow out of it's mouth and slowly make down the slopes that mimicked the waves the dolphins had jumped out of, transparent and made of glass. It's calm sounds of it's ever flowing water was sure to set the mood.

A row of fifteen tables, the shop was quite large for the cheap price you rented it for. Clean white long table sat separately. Hot pink fluffy rugs underneath every single one that would give you the feeling to let your toes sink into them. Your chairs were set for two to a table each. They were fluffy and cushiony enough to sink back and relax on a nice evening out. The chairs were big enough for two people, and relaxing for one. Couples could come in and cuddle on top of each other if they wanted or students could sit alone after a long day of school listen to music and unwind and forget about the stress of the world.

Soft, dim, pink tinted lights and small red heart shaped candles sat at each and ever table. They weren't scented mainly because...

Strawberry short cakes.

Brownies.

Peach cobbler pies.

Red Velvet cookies.

Donuts.

Fresh strawberry cheese cake.

Apple fritters.

Custards and puddings.

Chocolate varieties from dark to milk.

Ice cream, Gelato, frozen yogurt and sorbet stood in different colors in a straight line.

Cream puffs.

Baklava.

Eclairs.

Danishes.

Tarts of every flavor and combination you could gather.

Fresh hot cinnamon rolls.

Angel food cake.

Sponge cake.

German chocolate cake.

Pavlova cake.

Pound cake.

Fruitcake.

Anything and everything cake.

There was no doubts. This was INDEED a sweet's shop. The smell of the fresh baked goodies would loom throughout the city at baking time. You'd open the window so the normal world could get a feeling of what heaven smells like.

Coffee and tea combinations were freshly brewed on spot as well.

There you stood behind the counter trays and pans of fresh pastries. Being the owner and only worker at the time at your establishment. You wore a black ruffly skirt and a long turtleneck sweater. Your white apron covered your chest and the word 'Addict' written across it in a pretty pink glittery font.  Your makeup was top notch for your grand opening, smoothing out your face and hiding away any blemishes and bags.

You stood up against the counter clicking your shoes waiting for the first person to enter heaven.

...

You leaned your head against your palm seeing the sky's hue turn from a baby blue to an orange.

Closing time was in an hour and no one had took a foot step through heaven's gate.

You bit your lip standing up giving out a sigh. "It would be a waste of today's batches... I can give it to a homeless shelter." You spoke to yourself. Groaning you got up and began placing out the foldable bakery boxes.

Jingle, jangle

Turning around you saw the first man to ever step foot into heaven.

He was old, but had a sweet face. There was as much wrinkles on his forehead as his age. He had glasses on his face and his eyes seemed to be almost closed half lidded at all times. A never ending sweet smile on his lips. A black hat covering his gray hair, and a long black coat covering the rest of him. He reminded you of an old dog at the end of its time. Despite the unavoidable future looking forward to what was to come and enjoying life.

It almost made you want to cry.

You snapped out of your daze seeing the male walk up to the counter. You were surprised, he was fast for his age and without a cane to help him. "Oh! Welcome to Addict! Sweets so addicting they should be illegal!" You said saying your logo. "You're our first customer! And at that we're having a sale the first week! We've got plenty to choose from!" You said a smile on your face greeting the elderly fella.

He simply smiled looking at the glass tray at the sweets then to you. "Is this a new establishment?" He asked and you nodded eagerly. "Yes sir! Would you like a taste test?" You asked the sweet old man. He let out a soft laugh and shook his head no.

"Thank you for the offer but, I'd like to order all of the sweets you have left if possible?" The male said to you. Your heart almost leaped hearing his request. "R-really?! You're serious!?" You said not thinking this sweet old man had the heart to prank you. The male went and dug inside of his coat before he pulled out a stack of cash. You could imagine how starstruck you looked at the bills laid out in front of you.

"Ten thousand? Should cover it?"

"S-should cover it? Should cover it and be such a generous tip!" You exclaimed now looking at the man. "Thank you sir but, I can't except this! A day's worth of baking should only be two thousa-"

The sweet old man hummed tuning you out now picking up one of your menu flyers. A cute photo of you on the side as it listed the prices of everything and showed everything you sold. "Don't worry about it dear." He told you waving his hand. He took the flyer and gently stuffed it into his coat. "My van should be able to hold all of it."

You stood there in awe for a little longer before snapping out and hearing his request. "Ah- yeah! Sure I'll start boxing them!" You told him nodding. Now quickly beginning to box up the display counter. Luckily you had set out the boxes earlier before hand.

After a long tedious session of boxing you and the elderly man loaded the boxes of pasties into the van. The man nodded and took his way to leave. "W-wait! Umm! Can I have your name? It's just you're being so generous and I may never see you again!" You said to him as he let out a soft laugh turning to you smiling.

"You may call me W, and I assure you, I will be back to order from you tomorrow."

And with that the kind, generous elderly man going by the name 'W' drove off.