2

I walk into my room, taking in the fresh air and smell of cotton. My white, king-sized bed extended against the pale green walls, with white accents. The bathroom, with white marbled floors and a huge modern style shower. I was in awe. This is so much better than my apartment. After a long while of admiring my new room, I set my phone, charger and slippers on the bed.

I glance to my right, and take a look at my new closet. I gravitated towards the large oak doors, with illumination creeping behind it. Almost looking like a threshold full of treasure. I twist the elegant knob, open the door and glare in astonishment at everything inside. I saw almost every type of shoe, millions of shirts, pants, skirts, and lingerie. Of course there is lingerie in here...what else? Drawers of clothes lined the entire vicinity. A gorgeous chandelier drapes light over the room, crystal reflections placed on the walls. A pretty fuzzy rug placed in the middle, perfectly accenting the white drawers.

I saw heels, yet no dresses. What kind of closet has everything imaginable yet no dresses? Fury really knows how to set up a ladies room. In admiration, I try to look for something to slip in to that covered a little more. I pick out an oversized t-shirt with a large "A" on it, resembling the one on the building. My arms extend out to the large drawer to my left, lining with every color of sweatpants imaginable. I lift a pair of light grey sweats, pairing it with my slippers from home. I need at least some familiarity in this new place.

"Much better," I sigh in relief. I quietly walk over to my bathroom, glaring at myself in the mirror. The white bulbs surrounding the borders of the large mirror, almost as if I'm in a makeup studio. The pretty white stone countertop, with everything I need. A toothbrush, toothpaste, and other toiletries.

After I finished everything I needed to do, I sit on the large bed. Grazing my hands against the pillowy comforter, dying to jump in. I glance over to the pillows, looking just as inviting. As I admire my new bed, my phone sounds.

"Where the hell are you. Where the fuck is my coffee?"- Jean.

Of course.

Jean is my boss at the accounting office, I'm her assistant. It's the only job I could land with a GED. God how I do not miss that office. The plain grey walls, the boring cubicles, the bleh tone of the entire place. It just made me want to vomit. Don't get me started on Jean.

I lift my phone up, sighing in disgust.

"I quit."

I reply with those two words, and those two words only. Nothing else. It's time I leave that place behind me. I have a new life now, at least I hope so...

Setting my phone face down onto the bed, it began ringing like crazy, text after text rolls in. Unbothered and too tired to deal with her bullshit, I plug my charger into the wall, connect it to my phone, and decide to walk downstairs to get some food. I was starving. I hadn't eaten since yesterday afternoon. No wonder I got so drunk.

Quickly fixing my shirt, I flash to the kitchen, walking towards the large refrigerator. My eyes stare at the pretty backsplash, the white cabinets with gorgeous black knobs. The marble island placed so distinctly in the middle, tying the whole thing together. The fridge was massive, almost looking futuristic. Tony must've designed it. The outside of the refrigerator was lined with all types of buttons. My mind wondering what each one does.

Distracted by the glorious kitchen, I continue to walk towards the fridge. Behind me, I hear a deep sarcastic voice, with a playful tone.

"Paying me another visit?" Steve asks out of no where. Startled, I slammed the fridge doors with my mind. I let out a gasp in panic. My heart suddenly racing at the scare.