Season 8 Episode 3 "Tender Age"

Start from the beginning

"DCFS is downstairs." Emma said.

"All right, run it down. Talk to your CI's, if this was a gang hit the streets will know." Voight said, as everyone nodded and headed back to their desks Emma sat on Rockys and stared at Jay. 

"I'm so fricken lucky." She sighed before heading to her desk, Rocky rolled his eyes as he typed on his computer. 

"I'm so lucky, my name is Emma and I'm beautiful and I have a hot fiancée like please, we know." He mumbled to himself.

"Heard that!" Emma yelled at him, Rocky rolled his eyes again and kept typing. "Hey! Hey! I got something!" Emma stood up.  "I've got a CI, let's go." She put on her coat and Jay put on his.

"Be careful, she has that look in her eyes." Rocky said to Jay as they went down the stairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Emma leaned against a brick wall as a man in a hoodie and sweats came around the corner listing to something on his headphones.

"Hey!" She said chipperly jumping in front of him.

"Ahh! Oh nah, nah!" He said backing up and removing his headphones. "You told me we where done, you went home to New York!" 

"I'm back now!" Emma said.

"Nope." The man turned around and smashed into Jay's chest, Jay just looked down at him.

"Look, I ain't stepping foot near no massacre."

"Aww! That's so preceptive of you Marv, I never even told you why I'm here." 

"It's very bad karma, you can't just go pirouetting around a whole family murdered." 

"Pirouetting?" Jay questioned.

"It's not good for the soul." Marv said, Emma took out a wad of cash.

"Hey." She waved it.

"Nahh! You can't bribe me on this one."

"Really? I can't? Huh, that's just really strange because your sister called me last week, says you broke into her place looking for cash. Scared the hell out of your niece." Emma said,

"I didn't mean to do that."

"All we need is a name, Benny was a Gangster Prophet and we know the streets are talking, so who are they saying killed his family?" Jay asked.

"Marv, when have I never asked you a question that's not worth answering for me?"

"Fine, but not for your little boy toy over here." Marv grabbed the cash. "For you. The streets are saying a Southside Hustler took them out."

"You got a name?" Jay asked, Marv ignored him.   "This guy..." Jay scoffed under his breath.

"Tru! He goes by Tru, he killed them."

"Why?" 

"Benny and Tru got into it a couple of weeks ago. Some guys broke it up, but not before Benny smashed a beer bottle into Tru's eye." Marv said. "The killings where payback, karma." Emma pulled a picture up on her phone.

"This him?"

"Yeah that's him. He hangs out at the Y courts. Plays ball there." Marv said. Emma nodded before handing him a second wad of cash.

"Call your sister and apologize." Marv nodded and headed back down the ally in one direction, Emma and Jay the other.  "Truman Powell, 27. Got two priors for assault, CPIC has him for multiple threats against Benny online and he's got an open warrant for aggravated battery."