“See you tomorrow!” then the call ends and I stand up going to my bag and pulling out my books splaying myself out onto my bed and drifting off into studying.

Dinner is quieter than usual, me too tired to speak, dad being gone at work and chad being god knows where, and obviously Jason doesn’t say much seeing as he is the silent brooding mystery man. As we sit at the table mom seems to suddenly remember something, rushing out of the kitchen. When she exits Jason kicks his foot out at my leg and I gasp in pain.

“What the hell was that for?”

Jason just keeps on eating his peas responding with, “Your existence” we both settle into a shared silence when mom enters the kitchen again with a handful of shopping bags. She hands them over to Jason with a smile, “I wasn’t sure if you had enough clothes, so I went out to pick you up a few.”

My eyebrows raise at this “A few?” I question staring at the giant black paper sacks. “I think you got enough to clothe a small army.”

Mom raises an eyebrow at me, and then turns back towards Jason, “Why don’t you go try a few on for me, and come out to show me, so I can see that I got the right sizes.”

Jason stands nodding, turning a shade of pink, I almost snort in laughter but hold it down as he carries the bags into the bathroom with him. When he’s gone I turn to my mom with a shake of my head, “Mom why don’t you spare the kid the embarrassment huh?”

Spooning some peas into her mouth she frowns, “What, I just want to make sure the clothes fit?” Nodding I smile.

“By the way mother, your peas are superb tonight!” She grins cutely, “Shut up smartass” My eyebrow raises, “did you just curse mother dearest, what sort of example are you setting for you easily corrupted teenage son?” At this she snorts and turns at the sound of the bathroom door opening. I mirror the movement and have to hold my mouth shut at the sight of Jason. He is looking extremely gorgeous in a black button up shirt and a pair of dark blue denim jeans that hug him in all the right places. He blushes and rubs his head sheepishly under the scrutinizing gaze of my mother. Squinting her eyes she analyzes his outfit then stands and moves around him brushing his arms and pulling on the waistband of the jeans. “I think it looks good Jason,” she smiles then turns to me, “What do you think Caleb?” I choke on the water I was downing, turning to look over at the boy, who is now staring at me with a clenched jaw.

“Uh, yeah looks great,” and with that gem I turn back to my food.

“That’s it?” Mom asks in annoyance. Irritated and not wanting to subject my poor gay eyes to another look at that inappropriately sexy sight I look up and say, “God what more do you want from me mom, he looks fine, all the girls will be dying to get in his pants, is that good?”

The pair of them glare at me in anger, and I stand up leaving the table. What the hell, why is it as soon as I’m really trying to act straight everyone starts trying to turn me gay?

Entering my room I shut my lights off and stumble over to my bed while simultaneously throwing my clothes off settling into my bed then drifting off to sleep.

The next day Jason and I walk together to biology which he apparently has with me also, and of course he ends up in the empty spot next to me. We both sit next to each other in complete silence as the class goes through the everyday routine. Finally when the class breaks into lab partners I turn to him and smile, “looks like we are stuck together.”