"That... that's incredible," Lucy said, awed. "All this time... and we never had any idea." She smiled in that sweet way of hers. "It's funny, the way Aslan works things out sometimes, isn't it?"

Margaret paused, somewhat taken aback by her reaction.

"You aren't surprised?" she asked.

Lucy laughed. "Well I certainly wasn't expecting it... but it all makes sense when you think about it. And... it's something that's nice to know, I suppose." She grinned. "And, if I live long enough, I might even get to see you again, after Narnia."

Margaret felt a pang in her heart, but she forced a smile, hoping her sadness wouldn't be noticed.

"Maybe so..."

Just then, a small knock came at the door. Gael.

"Excuse me, Lucy, Margaret... My father said it was time for me to hide away now..."

Margaret smiled at the girl, then to Lucy. "I'll let you help the little miss get settled in here. I'm going to go check on Caspian and Edmund."

Lucy nodded, still smiling from the news, and Margaret left the cabin, her heart beginning to settle with dread for what was to come.

-

When she opened the door, the sight that greeted her reassured any doubts she may have had of Caspian and Edmund mending the bond which had been damaged by sharp words exchanged at the pool. There, she saw Edmund, accepting Peter's sword from Caspian, and their faces held no animosity.

The two of them looked to her when they realized they were not alone.

"Margaret," said Caspian. He moved as if to come to her, but stopped himself, glancing at Edmund. "I'll leave the two of you alone, then."

"Wait," said Edmund, stopping him from going.

Margaret smiled a bit.

"I came to speak with both of you anyways," she said. Stepping closer, she took hold of one of each of their hands. "I do not know what lies ahead," she admitted. "I know no more than anyone else. Aslan has kept His signs from me for a reason. But I swear to you, whatever we may find there, I know it will not be beyond our power to defeat. Please... I love the both of you so much. Promise me that you will remember the strength inside of yourselves... Trust that your hearts are true, and trust that Aslan will not let this darkness defeat us. No matter what we shall face, we are stronger. For we have greater purpose."

Edmund smiled softly and pulled her closer. "Wise beyond your years, as always."

Margaret snorted. "You seem to keep forgetting that I have more years than you do now."

He rolled his eyes good naturedly in return.

She turned to Caspian, and found him smiling, his face written with a gentle determination and something like resignation.

"Whatever we encounter..." he said, "I love you. And whatever Fate has been determined for us... I shall accept it."

Margaret gave him a small smile. "I am at peace with whatever may be." She looked at the two of them. "Now then, let us go out and meet our destiny."

-

Caspian stood before the crew as the Dawn Treader sailed ever closer to the Dark Island.

Edmund, Margaret, and Lucy watched from the deck as he addressed them all. Now was not their time, but Caspian's, to lead.

As he spoke, Margaret saw his fear. She saw his hesitation and his doubts. But still, beneath that, she saw his faith. In Aslan, and his crew, and in the goodness within the world. He was ot perfect. He was a man, and as good a king as any could hope to be. And she loved him for it.