Chapter 39: Kidnapped

Start from the beginning

"His quirk is sooo much fun." He growled, suddenly behind me. I gasped, spinning around to face him.

"Y-You... you didn't... you killed him?!"

"That's how my quirk works." Kaito explained casually. "I absorb the quirks of those I remove from this earth. Jinxx is quite similar, now that I think of it. She absorbs the physical traits of someone if she does the same."

"Don't talk about me like I'm not here," Jinxx hops down from the trees with a cackle. "Now, why are we monologuing, Kayn? We should be capturing them."

"Kayn?!" I spit out in anger.

He tilts his head back at me and grinned. I could see he had fangs towards his molars. "My real name. Kaito was just what I preferred to be called. I'm sure you understand,"

One by one, more villains come out from the shadows. In the blink of an eye Bakugo was gone, and though we twisted ourselves in the dark to try and find him, he was nowhere to be found.

"We have what we came for," Mother smirks, waving two fingers. "Let's go."

"Can't I stab someone first?" Jinxx whined. "Ugh. Whatever. The kid will do."

"Give him back!" I charge at the villains. My mistake.

"Hiro!" Shoto cries out. Out of seemingly nowhere a knife was thrown in my direction. Of course I dodged it, but the person behind me...not so lucky.

"Oops," grinned Jinxx.

"Nnngh..." the grunt behind me made my heart stop.

"Let's leave them be."

Very slowly I turned around to see Shoto with a knife protruding from his left chest. He clasped his hand around the hilt.

"No, don't!" I scream, but he already yanked the knife out, stumbling backwards. I dart to him before he hits the ground and grab at him, holding him gently but firmly in my arms. "No, no, you idiot!" I toss the bloody knife aside and cover my hand over his wound. "Look at me! LOOK AT ME!"

He kept blinking, which didn't help, but every time we didn't make eye contact the pain because worse and worse for me. In the end, it was I screaming in pain, with him not healing. "Fuck!" I curse, picking up the knife and checking the metal. "Fuck!" I scream again, knowing damn well I couldn't heal wounds caused by Damascus steel.

I quickly tear off a piece of my pants and use the clothe to sop up all the blood, all the whole crying entirely. "No, no, stay with me!" I snap my fingers in front of Shoto's eyes. "Don't you dare fall asleep! We're gonna get you out of here!"

"Nngh...it hurts..." he grunted in pain, placing his own hand over the wound.

"Hey, think you can muster up some heat to cauterize it?" I ask, but he seemed to have passed out already. "Dammit!" In my tiredness, I tried to conjure up a copy of him, but it didn't even manage to make a single flame. "FUCK!" I try again, this time the shadow couldn't even complete itself from the torso below.

"Come on!" I wail, trying to even summon that flaming sword from before, but I was much too tired. The emotional and physically exhaustion had already taken its toll.

"Hiro," he flutters his eyes open for just a second and grabs at my hand with his. His blood smears both of our skin. This was a nightmare. "I l—"

"Don't." I glare at him. "Don't you dare say that. Not here. Not now. You're going to live. By the Angels and Gods, you will live!" Semi-aggressively I placed a kiss on his head and tried one final time to heal him by possession.