Her father was sad about the way her marriage was happening. But she convinced him that she is happy. Payal did Mehandi and haldi for her at home avoiding buaji's protest. Tomorrow she is going to marry him infont of devi maiyya. Even if he was an atheist he agreed to get married in the temple.

She looked at her deep colored Mehndi

She looked at her deep colored Mehndi. It is said darker the Mehndi, the more is the love in husband's heart. How she wish that was true. But her husband doesn't believe in love.

She temporarily let her thoughts rest and started putting her remaining things in the bag.

Payal observed her sister from a distance. Sensing her sisters presence Khushi turned her head and smiled. Sometimes we need someone to simply be there. Not to fix anything, or to do anything in particular, but just to let us feel that we are cared for and supported. Payal was exactly doing that for her in the past 15 years. She will miss her sister terribly. From tomorrow life won't be the same anymore.

Suddenly Payal's phone beeped with an incoming message. Payal rolled her eyes after reading the text. "I was not flirting. 😎I was just being extra friendly with someone who is extra attractive."

"Whose message was that gigi?"

"Ah.. No one. just a forwarded message. Give it to me. I will pack the rest. You go and have food."

Khushi was not convinced but she didn't probe. After giving a suspicious look to Payal, She left the room.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Khushi climbed the steps to the first floor of Shantivan accompanied by Anjali.

"This is Chote's room, from today onwards yours too. " Anjali told her after opening the door of the large bedroom. Pleasant smell filled her nose when she entered the room.

The room was decorated with fresh flowers and scented candles. On the right side of the bedroom there was a glass door which opens to the poolside. Anjali pointed to the left side of the room there was another glass door.

"That is the study room. He sits there and work whenever he is working from home. Chote renovated it before marriage made a space for you to sit and study. And he has rearranged the wardrobe for you. The clothes you have brought from your home and along the clothes chote brought from AR for you are arranged inside by the maid. The bag which had your books and other study materials are not unpacked. It is there in the study. Maid will help you to do it later."

Khushi gave a genuine smile to her. Anjali cupped Khushi's cheeks and said.

"Khushi, I know you both didn't get a chance to know each other before marriage. And like any girl it will not be easy for you to adjust with the new family. If someone can make it easy for a girl , that is her husband. He was not a saint before marriage but he is a good man. He will never hurt you. And you are that kind girl I wanted for my chote. I know you will fill his life with happiness and I am sure you will make him fall in love with you with your innocence. "