Chapter 15 "Crank Attack"

Start from the beginning

After a while:
Had been looking around the place for a good while now. The lights had gotten turned on, making it easier to look around. Just as you were wlaking around with the others you heard yelling, sounding like Thomas and Minho.
"Go! Run!" Minho and Thomas yelled, appearing from the corner. The flashlights in their hands moving wildly due to them running.
"Shit, come on love!" Newt grabbed your hand to make enough start running. After Minho and Thomas came... humans that didn't seem to be in their right minds.
You started to run towards the escalators leading up to another level. You remembered Ava Paige say something about cranks, someone who was infected by the flare. That was what you only could assume these people to be. Newt and you realized it was not easy to run hand in hand when you both could run at different speeds, so you let go of each other.
The Cranks followed you a should reached the escalator, where Jack got caught and dragged away by one of them.
"No!" Frypan screamed, stopping in the escalator to then run for the boy. You held him back and pushed him to run with the others.
"What are those?!" Minho asked while running full speed.
"No idea!" Thomas yelled as he had helped Newt from a crank.

Running down a narrow corridor you was followed by the cranks close by. You reached a door that was locked.
"Come on boys!" Teresa yelled as they tried to open it. You then sighed and ran towards the door, trying to break down the door. Minho and Thomas catched on and started to help you.
"Get that door open!" Winston turned. "I'll hold them back!" He took up a gun and started to fire at the infected once. Holdung them back as much as he could.
"Come one Fry!" Newt signaled for him to try and break down the door as you, Minho and Thomas failed. Frypan charged at the door and it broke down immediately.
"Yes!!" Everyone exclaimed as you all dragged each other through the door. Just as Winston came through a crank got a hold of his leg. Causing him to grab onto the door for dear life.
Eveyone turned and started to try and drag Winston out the grip of the cranks. Minho, Thomas and you once again together held the door as closed you could so the cranks couldn't come through, but enough so Winston could get pulled out. Agonising screams came from  Winston as he got pulled out and the cranks scratched his stomach, leaving wounds. You pushed with all the force you could get.
"You guys run!" Thomas ordered as Winston git pulled out, Newt and Frypan helped to get Winston away. Teresa running after them. You clenched your jaw due to the resistance from the cranks.
"Minho, (y/n) go! I'm right behind ya!" You and minho nodded, starting to run after rather others. Leving Thomas to come not far behind you two.

You guys got to a place where you could hide. Eveyone sat packed together, flashlights off. You all breathed heavily from all the running these last hours.
"Shh, let's wait it out until we sleep..." Minho wispered. Everyone sat still and didn't say anything. You then suddenly feel a pair of arms snake around your stomach. Turning to try and see who it was you got stopped.
"It's just me, love..." Newt wispered in your ear, his hot breath hitting your neck. You hated the feeling you got in your stomach, you tried to deny the feeling you got around Newt lately but it keept coming back. As you gave up on the thought you relaxed a littel into Newt, leaning back a littel. For Newt this was just his was to really make sure you were there and that you were okey.

After about an hour of waiting it all came down. Deciding to sleep you tried to get out of Newt's grip on you but he didn't budge. You felt him let go with one of his hands and heard some rustling both from him and the others getting comfortable.
Without saying a word Newt started to lay down a littel, taking you with him. He put your head on his chest, letting you use him as a pillow and for warmth.
"What are you doing?..." You questioned quietly.
"Just get some rest." He replied, pressing a gentle kiss to your head. Newt keept his hands around your stomach while laying down to make you stayed there. This was... well... bold for him. For some reason after a while you started to relax into Newt as you heard the beating of his heart, his chest rising and falling with his evey breath. It reminded you for those months you had night terrors and Newt some nights stayed in your hammock to calm you or get you to sleep.
You sighed before smiling a littel to yourself, closing your eyes. Newt felt you relaxing and couldn't help but feel lucky, he got to for once feel protective over you. Something very rare.

You all fell asleep to the noises the wind was making out side, the ever so often sounds of someone shifting position to get comfortable. Well except you and Newt. Some snors coming from Minho here and there. Nothing you couldn't block out. The last thing you remember clary before drifting off to sleep was the beating of Newt's heart, ther rising and falling of his chest. Lastly he pressed a last kiss to your head before himself drifting of to sleep.
"Night love..." He wispered

A/N
Sorry for lack of posting this week I have had four days to read all the reasons to why "World War 2" broke out. Had the exam today so it's good now.
I have been planning and come up with ideas to the upcoming chapters. (With the help of my friend)

But I'll start uploading as usual again! ❤