Chapter 2

The next day I sit with Jean at lunch and he tells me about his day. "Then she smiled at me, Dude Annie smiled at me," Jean says finishing his story. "That's good," I say with a smile and he notices me looking at Ymir across the Cafeteria. He smirks and I look back at him. "What?" I ask. "Got the hots for your old enemy?" Jean says. I laugh and say, "Definitely not." 

I start to sink into my thoughts. I don't actually want to talk to her or anything I just can't help but wonder if she remembers me. "Earth to Y/N," Jean says waving his hand in front of me, snapping me out of my trance. "Yeah?" I ask and he motions towards the time. Oh, it's time for class. 

I spend the rest of the school day in class and soon I forget about thinking about Ymir. 

The next day...

"Alright everyone, find a partner. We have a long project to start that will take a while." Mr. Smith says and everyone goes to find partners. "Y/N, Want to be partners?" Sasha asks and I smile then nod. She squeals and pulls me into a hug before going back to a snack she was eating. "Sasha, no eating in class," Mr. Smith says and Sasha yells sorry. 

Once everyone gets into groups, Mr. Smith starts to explain the project. "You will be teaming up with one other group of two to finish this assignment. Each team of two is to take care of the puppies I provide and the group you team up with can help you as well. This is a fail safe thing that should work in case people need off days. You are to take care of the puppies and whoever gets their puppy adopted by someone other than themselves gets an A. We are working with the local puppy shelter and they thought this would be a great opportunity. Also...It will be half of your grade." He says.

Everyone gasps and start whispering amongst each other. "Omg, we get puppiesssss," Sasha says jumping up and down. "Who should we pick as our other group?" I ask and Sasha stops jumping. "Connie! come with us," Sasha yells and a boy turns who I'm assuming is Connie. 

You won't imagine who is with him. Ymir...