Chapter 8 ~Emotional Issues and homework~

Začít od začátku

Speaking of, how did he even get found? He thought that Kurogiri would just scoop him up once everything inevitably fell to pieces at the villain's feet. However, Izuku had realised while with the League of Villain, stupid name in his opinion but that really didn't matter when he was chained to a wall like an animal. His throat tightened as his mind wandered back to Shigaraki's sadistic laughter. He frowned, shut his eyes and willed away the memories. He just wanted to forget them and move away to the US or something. Somewhere away from the League. Somewhere really far away from everything.

A creak of an opening door by the stairwell alerted Midoryia to someone approaching his room. His mind spun as he glanced over to the window, always a good escape strategy but not so much when you aren't sure if your wings are even able to move. Izuku would be surprised if his legs even work. One of his legs had felt a little funny since he woke up. He hasn't been able to check but he has a feeling that the bite mark from the Nomu left a bit of an impression.

Izuku cursed himself as the reality of being completely helpless even when in a 'safe' environment. He didn't trust the hospital with his safety, his life yes but not exactly his safety. He couldn't predict when Shigaraki might drop by just to give him a little visit and frankly Izuku was unsure if he would ever be able to sleep soundly alone.

Izuku's anxiety peaked as the footsteps stopped outside his door. He swallowed thickly as he watched the doorknob jiggle before swinging open. Izuku could practically hear his heartbeat skyrocket, mainly because his heart monitor was very loudly conveying that message.

"Hey? What's poppin- hey, wait, are you okay?" Hawks walked in and his smile faltered as he saw Izuku staring at him, his eyes wide and his heart monitor soaring.

Hawks glanced between the vigilante and the equipment he was hooked up to as the heavy reality made itself apparent to the hero. Midoriya's wings were suspended off the ground and wrapped in varying levels of bandages. Hawks saw the recognition in the boy's eyes but it didn't help his heart rate from staying at 143bpm (beats per minute) and rising.

"Hey, it's me. Hawks, I'm not here to hurt you bud." Keigo slowly approached the teenager's bedside, keeping a close eye on the monitors as he held his hand out for Izuku in an attempt to show he meant no harm.

Izuku's mind flashed images of Shigaraki back and forth between what he thought was reality and his past which only caused him to panic more.

Hawks took careful note of Izuku's rapid blinking as if he was trying to get something out of his eye. Was he seeing something?

Izuku grasped his shirt whilst unconsciously hiding his injured hand behind his back as he backed away further. His mind knew that Hawks wouldn't hurt him but something was clawing and biting viciously into his trust.

If Hawks really cared then why didn't he save me? He's a hero, right? Why didn't he help me?

Why did nobody help me when I needed it the most?

Izuku felt his belief in Hawks waver as his flashbacks slowed to a halt and his heart rate started to calm down. Why did nobody come to save him? Was he not worth it?

Izuku glanced down at Keigo's outstretched hand then back up at the honey eyes he once found sweet. Izuku internally scoffed as he listened to his heart rate slow very loudly in his ears, he rolled over onto his side and shut his eyes and pushed away as many negative thoughts as he could.

Needless to say, Keigo was confused, one moment the vigilante is on the verge of having a heart attack and looks like he is about to get stabbed and then the next he just rolls his eyes and rolls away from him.

"... Hey bud, I see your doing better. You looked pretty hideous when they brought you in, not going to lie." Izuku huffed out a displeased noise which showed that he was at least listening. Better than silence Keigo concluded. "But never mind that I heard from a nurse that you're not really supposed to talk so I'm sure you can deal with that right?" Izuku huffed out another response before turning back onto his back with a strained breath. Keigo pulled a chair to Izuku's bedside with an obnoxious scraping noise