Chapter 14: Rally

Start from the beginning

"So you play three color." Nate said to Edgar.

"Of course I do," Edgar snapped, "Now take your turn!"

"Can't wait to loose huh?" Nate responded, "I play a plains, then for a white and two others, I summon a rising populace and end my turn." the white orb turned into a kneeling man. the man then stood up and sighed, a deadly serious expression on his face.

"I play a plains, then for a blue and one other, I summon a sky theater strix which activates my orator's ability." Dovin explained. The blue orb sprouted wings, flying into the sky and out of sight. There was a loud hoot as the strix swooped back into view. The orator then raised his book towards the strix, causing it and Dovin to glow white. "I end my turn." Dovin 21, others 20.

"I play an island," Amy started, "Then for a blue and one other, I cast drowned secrets and end my turn." The blue orb hit the ground, causing a four foot circle to collapse into what seemed to be a bottomless pit, countless blue tentacles wriggling and writhing above the surface while the horror that they belonged to remained hidden.

"I play a forest," Edgar called, "Then for a green and two others, I summon Marwyn, the nurturer and end my turn." The green orb turned into a crying elf baby, Marwyn then walked over and comforted the  child, picking it up and strapping them to her chest.

"I play a mountain," Nate began, "Then for a white and two others, I summon a second rising populace." The white orb repeated the actions of the previous one. "And finally, I send my first populace to attack  Dovin." 

"I'll respond by having my orator block, killing them both." Dovin stated.

"Not so fast!" Amy interrupted, "For one blue, I cast dazzling lights on the orator, giving it -3/-0 until the end of the turn." The blue orb sped towards the orator, circling its head and making it lower its guard while its eyes began glow blue, indicating that it was now spellbound. The populace continued its attack and killed the orator without any resistance or repercussions. "And since I cast a blue spell, a player of my choice has to put the top two cards of their library into their graveyard, so I chose Edgar." one of the tentacles from the pit shot over to Edgar and grabbed onto his wrist.

"Damn it." Edgar said as he milled two of his cards.

"Dazzling lights also lets me surveil twice." Amy said as she looked at the top two cards of her deck. "Ill keep them both.

"I end my turn," Nate finished.

"I play an island," Dovin said, "Then for a blue, a white, and two others, I summon an elite guardmage, who gives me three life. I end my turn." The gold orb spun and flattened into a platform  the guardmage landing on top of it, bowing to Dovin and causing them both to glow slightly. Dovin 24, others 20.

"I play an island," Amy said, "Then for a black, a blue, and two others, I summon Etrata, the silencer and end my turn." the gold orb flashed into the Dimir symbol, a swarm of bats swooped in and began circling the symbol, reviling Etrata upon dispersing. 

"I play an island and end my turn," Edgar yelled.

"I play a mountain," Nate said. He looked at Amy and she shook her head, "I end my turn.

"I play a plains and summon another guardmage." Dovin said, the gold orb repeating the actions of the previous. "Then I'll have one of them attack Nate." The guardmage took flight towards Nate, spear in hand. Dovin 27, others 20.

"Hold it!" Nate called. "for one white, I cast Gideon's sacrifice and target one of my populaces, it dies, but I take no damage." The white orb hit the populace, giving it a white aura. The populace then yelled as the guardmage threw his spear, causing the spear to glow white as it changed course midair and hit the populace. "this activates my second populace's ability, giving it +1/+1." A crying woman appeared next to the first man.