the drawing

I walk into my house that day and ran up to my bedroom. I throw my bag on the floor and sit at my desk, pulling out my notebook full of my best drawings. I opened it up to the next blank page and grabbed a pencil.

I got into the zone, pencil scratches and eraser shavings everywhere as I was focusing on nothing but the drawing at hand, not even paying any attention to what I was drawing.

I nearly fell out of my chair when my ring tone 'Paralyzer by finger eleven' rang through my room on full blast. I grumbled a frazzled "hello?" In the phone, not even checking the caller i.d.

"Dude, what got your panties in a bunch? I'm just calling to ask if you wanna hang out." She said, chuckling a bit.

"Oh, ya sure, come over and we can play some video games. My parents are out for the weekend so I have the place to myself." I said into the phone, playing with the eraser on my pencil.

"Cool, I'll be by in 20. Is it cool if I sleep over? My mom and dad are having their anniversary and I don't want to be kept up by them have fun." She said, making me f actually fall out of my chair laughing.

"Instead you can be kept up by video games and mountain dew!" I said when I had calmed my laughing fit.

"Alright, be over in 20 then!" She said happily, then hung up.

I placed my phone down and finally looked at my newest drawing, eyes going wide when I saw what I had zoned out to do.

It was a detailed drawing of Danny smiling at his locker with a coffee in his hand, seemingly laughing at something. I shut it quickly and blushed. It was actually one of my best drawings, but I'm not planning on showing Payton this. A least not today. Maybe tomorrow, but certainly not tonight.

I walked downstairs to see a placement of things on the table, probably by my parents. There was a note mixed in with a few things that read,

"Cat,

Your dad and I went out for the weekend, we'll be back by Monday afternoon. Here's 200 dollars for anything you may want or need over this time. We also left you some protection incase you decide to have someone "special" over. Have fun!

-Mom and Dad"

"Jesus Christ mom... Really? Condoms? Ugh..." I said under my breath.

I grabbed the money and the "protection" and brought it upstairs, shoving them in my bedside drawers. Money on the top one, other on the bottom.

I walked back downstairs in time for the doorbell to sound. I opened the door to see Payton with 4 six packs of mountain dew and a bag of skittles and jelly beans. This is gonna be fun.